NXDN question

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I was scanning through the 410 to 518 Mhz band today to log digital radio transmission modes. To my surprise I found a few NXDN systems north of 512 Mhz. I found 513.6875 it showed -nxdn 96 cb voice, then I found 516.025 +nxdn 96 cb followed by 512.5875 -nxdn 96 ts voice and I didn't get the frequency for this one but it was a little unusual it was nxIdas mb voice.

Does anyone know what the abreviations "cb" and "ts" and has anyone seen the nxidas mb designation? I should also add that these were one line bursts, no voice heard.

Moonbounce

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

Probably images from lower (or higher) frequencies. 512 to 806 are not allocated to any two-way service.

moonbounce

Probably images from lower (or higher) frequencies. 512 to 806 are not allocated to any two-way service.

But they could only show up in the image frequency range. I think the image frequency of my radio is 21.4 Mhz plus or minus a Mhz, and there is nothing on that fringe or even close to it. Anyways I will keep searching on either side of 513 Mhz and see if I can find something, thanks.

Moonbounce

D

DaveNF2G

Intermodulation is another possibility. To track that down, you need to know what frequencies might mix in various ways to appear on the frequency received. Pretty complicated without an obvious source or some understandable (like voice) modulation riding along.

Status
Not open for further replies.