For those who insist Paul can't/won't say anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Well we got our answer and it's not looking good at all. Must be some serious negotiations going on. This is definitely going to take a while.

From my take on his last message this is going to take some time. It could be another year before it all finally gets worked out so its working as originally advertised. You figure once it gets close then you add in beta testing, app development, firmware adjustments, etc and then more fine tuning. Thanks for the update.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
You don't know anything more than the rest of us, all you are doing is wildly speculating.

Well we got our answer and it's not looking good at all. Must be some serious negotiations going on. This is definitely going to take a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wise871

Database Admin
You don't know anything more than the rest of us, all you are doing is wildly speculating.

I'm not speculating, read my modified post. I wasn't finished when you posted your reply Gary. There still fine-tuning and development even if the preliminary app is released. And that is just the fact of basic app development. Developers are always updating and fine-tuning their apps. His last line was as followed "However, we are unable to foresee at this time what the specific timeline will be. While each update we get is better, and is met with high hopes by our engineers, testers, and app developer, until it operates at an acceptable quality level we cannot guess as to the future development track". That means time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Boatanchor

Really?

It seems Uniden have absolutely no idea when, or even if the WIFI/App will be fixed and in the meantime, apparently the analyze function rates so low on their priority list that it is not even being worked on.

Many of us 436HP owners wouldn't be on their back now if the Analyze feature and a few other minor firmware fixes for other niggling problems had been released in a timely manner.

A non-working wifi dongle would not preclude Uniden from working on these other issues!

Instead, Uniden have managed to successfully p*ss a large proportion of 436HP and 536HP owners off.

That' a monumental accomplishment, even in this day and age :)

wise871

Database Admin
I agree, it seems unfair to those who own just the BCD436HP to have to wait for the wifi issues on the 536 to be resolved.

garys

Premium Subscriber
How did I reply to your post if you weren't finished with it? I read UPMan's post and there is no timeline in there. I'd say that's because time lines tend to slip with IT projects and every time it does, people start with their conspiracy theories again.

I'm not speculating, read my modified post. I wasn't finished when you posted your reply Gary. There still fine-tuning and development even if the preliminary app is released. And that is just the fact of basic app development. Developers are always updating and fine-tuning their apps. His last line was as followed "However, we are unable to foresee at this time what the specific timeline will be. While each update we get is better, and is met with high hopes by our engineers, testers, and app developer, until it operates at an acceptable quality level we cannot guess as to the future development track". That means time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve1202

Premium Subscriber
Really?

It seems Uniden have absolutely no idea when, or even if the WIFI/App will be fixed and in the meantime, apparently the analyze function rates so low on their priority list that it is not even being worked on.

Many of us 436HP owners wouldn't be on their back now if the Analyze feature and a few other minor firmware fixes for other niggling problems had been released in a timely manner.

A non-working wifi dongle would not preclude Uniden from working on these other issues!

Instead, Uniden have managed to successfully p*ss a large proportion of 436HP and 536HP owners off.

That' a monumental accomplishment, even in this day and age :)

+1. What he said. You are 100% right. Fix the other stuff while waiting on Wifi fix!!!!!! The other options we paid for.
We do thank you for the updates Paul now show us you really do care by software update please.

wise871

Database Admin
How did I reply to your post if you weren't finished with it? I read UPMan's post and there is no timeline in there. I'd say that's because time lines tend to slip with IT projects and every time it does, people start with their conspiracy theories again.

What ever. It's all about time, and updated revisions of the app as they fine tune it.

I was using Tapatalk and it froze on me when I was typing /editing and only the first part was loaded.

woody_46

Nothing new was said. It's called "damage control" and to be expected, especially since a new model was just released.

PhillyPhoto

As our #1 priority is this issue, this has unavoidably also delayed the release of the analyze features, which will also be released at a future date.

Up to now, much of our time has been spent negotiating with and waiting for outside engineers...a task that does not significantly impact our development engineers' workload.

So they're not locked into working this issue, yet can't fix Analyze? How does waiting for outside vendors for a feature on one scanner prevent you working on an internal feature on two scanners?

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
Give Uniden a little slack. You guys want new scanners in the future don't you?

Really?? It has taken over 11 months now on a released scanner that had items listed on the box and the latest update is "we don't know when it will be"? And you want us to give them slack.

How about they send me one of these new HP-2's and I will update them in 11 months on when the payment will be to them?

wise871

Database Admin
At this point I may send my 536 to Richard Ryan (RatedRR) so he can put it into one of his video, LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MStep

From Upman's response: "...much of our time has been spent negotiating with and waiting for outside engineers..."

That phrase "negotiating with" has somewhat ominous overtones regarding the back and forth going on between Uniden and the "outside engineers" regarding the assignment of responsibility for the lack of a working siren app up to this point. In this context, "negotiating" seems to imply that each side is blaming the other and that they are attempting to determine who is going to shoulder the financial cost of getting this whole issue resolved. And if I may conjecture further, it also strikes me that the negotiation may not just be over the cost of hardware and firmware issues on the "dongle side" of the equation, but that (and once again, this is just my conjecture), there may have ultimately been unforeseen hardware issues within the 536 radio which contributed to the problem. If that were that case, that would certainly explain the lapse of nearly a year in getting the issue resolved. Another recall for hardware issues in the 536 (similar to the "hissing earphone jack issue") would ultimately cost Uniden a ton of money, and this could also be what the "negotiating" is all about.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Depending on how much engineering and product was outsourced, you may well be right. Someone has to pay for the revisions, even if it's only software revisions. If it's hardware, there are more costs.

Remember the Toyota Tacoma frame recall of a few years ago? Does anyone think that Toyota ate the cost of compensating all of those owners for the trucks? Or replacing frames on my recent production trucks that needed that? The sub contractor is paying a ton of money (some through it's insurance company) to make Toyota whole.

There may well be a similar process going on between Uniden and it's vendors.

None of which UPMan can speak to in other than the most general terms.

From Upman's response: "...much of our time has been spent negotiating with and waiting for outside engineers..."

That phrase "negotiating with" has somewhat ominous overtones regarding the back and forth going on between Uniden and the "outside engineers" regarding the assignment of responsibility for the lack of a working siren app up to this point. In this context, "negotiating" seems to imply that each side is blaming the other and that they are attempting to determine who is going to shoulder the financial cost of getting this whole issue resolved. And if I may conjecture further, it also strikes me that the negotiation may not just be over the cost of hardware and firmware issues on the "dongle side" of the equation, but that (and once again, this is just my conjecture), there may have ultimately been unforeseen hardware issues within the 536 radio which contributed to the problem. If that were that case, that would certainly explain the lapse of nearly a year in getting the issue resolved. Another recall for hardware issues in the 536 (similar to the "hissing earphone jack issue") would ultimately cost Uniden a ton of money, and this could also be what the "negotiating" is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.