I'm ticked. Ford has released dozens of new models without a fix for my 2006 model!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager

I, Like many others, have an issue with defective paint on my Crown Vic. Ford acknowledges the problem, but won't fix it. And they had the NERVE to release new models since my vehicle was purchased.

What does this have to do with Uniden?

Replace:

1. Ford with Uniden
2. Crown Vic with BCx36HP
3. Defective paint with missing Analyze/WiFi
4. Refusal to fix with a statement that the issue is being addressed.

Now, tell me again how bad Uniden is when their product costs 1/50th the amount AND they are working on the issue.

I'm not picking on Ford. I had a Chevy do the exact same thing. Of course, Chevy stripped and repainted my car at no cost (early 90's). And Dodge? Well, the paint is only coming off due to the rust behind it. It, too, is a 2006 with only 60K miles on it.

Now, do you think Ford should halt production until the paint issue is fixed?

Do you think they released new models just to rub it in?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
This is a bit different. Ford didn't sell you a car and tell you the doors would be here next month, and then never show.

I, Like many others, have an issue with defective paint on my Crown Vic. Ford acknowledges the problem, but won't fix it. And they had the NERVE to release new models since my vehicle was purchased.

Replace:

1. Ford with Uniden

Now, tell me again how bad Uniden is when their product costs 1/50th the amount AND they are working on the issue.

I'm not picking on Ford. I had a Chevy do the exact same thing. Of course, Chevy stripped and repainted my car at no cost (early 90's). And Dodge? Well, the paint is only coming off due to the rust behind it. It, too, is a 2006 with only 60K miles on it.

PhillyPhoto

If you've had 3 vehicles from 3 different manufacturers with pealing paint & rust, that points more to your environment or something your doing/not doing. There are plenty of cars out there with 60K+ miles that aren't rusting. Not to mention paint is not a feature that's missing, it's like the labels rubbing off the buttons (which mine are doing on my 436).

If we want to make a car comparison, let's consider the following:

Model A is released with Bluetooth as an optional upgrade you pay for
Model B is released a few years later and they tell you Bluetooth will be included for free, but after almost a year it's still not working because of an unforeseen technical issue
Model A is upgraded with a better engine and Bluetooth is announced in it as well

Would you think: A) let me trade in my car for the new one since I know it worked on the older model, or B) hey! why isn't my bluetooth being addressed?

phask

Premium Subscriber
How about Ford's SYNC ?? Have they eve got it working? If so have previous issues been corrected?

Just curious. I do not have one, but knew early users that had multiple issues.

Voyager

If you've had 3 vehicles from 3 different manufacturers with pealing paint & rust, that points more to your environment or something your doing/not doing. There are plenty of cars out there with 60K+ miles that aren't rusting. Not to mention paint is not a feature that's missing, it's like the labels rubbing off the buttons (which mine are doing on my 436).

The Chevy still has no rust. The Ford has very little and has about twice the mileage.

Although yes, I'm not in Arizona where the cars last several decades.

The point is that should I be offended that Ford has released new models? Is that unreasonable?

wise871

Database Admin
I think you trolling trying to stir up the crowd.

Just step away from this topic, it's not worth it. . It was meant to pull people in that are upset about the Uniden situation. Just walk away.

Last edited:

Voyager

I think you trolling trying to stir up the crowd.

No, I'm pointing out how ridiculous the argument is that Uniden should stop all production until the issue is fixed. If anything, I'm anti-trolling and bringing in a reality check.

EDCScanner

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
I wasn't aware Uniden released a new model each year like a car manufacturer is known to do.

Horrible analogy.

PhillyPhoto

No, I'm pointing out how ridiculous the argument is that Uniden should stop all production until the issue is fixed. If anything, I'm anti-trolling and bringing in a reality check.

Except your argument isn't analogous. Comparing paint chipping off to a feature of a scanner are 2 different things. Paint chipping would be more in line with the labels on the scanners coming off - as mine are doing already on my 436, but since I know what the buttons are it doesn't bother me. It happens with time and use, and is normal. A couple people (myself included) have asked you to compare it to features of the scanner/car and you've avoided the question.

Not to mention that multiple models of cars are introduced every year by car manufacturers. This is expected and they have entire departments working on cars that won't be released for several years. They also have engineers working on issues with current and past cars. Uniden released the HP1 in 2010 and then didn't release anything for 4 years and announced/released 2 different lines in the same year (2014). Since Uniden has been silent on the issue for the most part, and all we've been able to reasonably determine is that they seem to only have 1 core engineering team that maybe while they were waiting on updates to the WiFi dongle, put the HP2 together to release it this year. Without full disclosure from Uniden (which we'll most likely never get), it's anyone's guess.

So if your paint is chipping on your car, go to the dealer and complain. I have submitted a BBB complaint and haven't been told anything different than what has already been said by Paul here. If it's a big enough deal with a current model car, car manufacturers will halt production until it's fixed. If you don't like the way the car maker handled your situation, you're free to buy from another company, just like we're all free to buy from Whistler, or get an SDR setup, or buy a professional radio if we'd like. That doesn't lessen our criticism of Uniden though.

In conclusion, should Uniden "halt all production"? No, but they should either put enough resources in to fixing the issues, or tell people that it's going to be on the back burner. Now that we know what they've been doing this summer, we all know why we haven't been a priority.

wise871

Database Admin
Except your argument isn't analogous. Comparing paint chipping off to a feature of a scanner are 2 different things. Paint chipping would be more in line with the labels on the scanners coming off - as mine are doing already on my 436, but since I know what the buttons are it doesn't bother me. It happens with time and use, and is normal. A couple people (myself included) have asked you to compare it to features of the scanner/car and you've avoided the question.

Not to mention that multiple models of cars are introduced every year by car manufacturers. This is expected and they have entire departments working on cars that won't be released for several years. They also have engineers working on issues with current and past cars. Uniden released the HP1 in 2010 and then didn't release anything for 4 years and announced/released 2 different lines in the same year (2014). Since Uniden has been silent on the issue for the most part, and all we've been able to reasonably determine is that they seem to only have 1 core engineering team that maybe while they were waiting on updates to the WiFi dongle, put the HP2 together to release it this year. Without full disclosure from Uniden (which we'll most likely never get), it's anyone's guess.

So if your paint is chipping on your car, go to the dealer and complain. I have submitted a BBB complaint and haven't been told anything different than what has already been said by Paul here. If it's a big enough deal with a current model car, car manufacturers will halt production until it's fixed. If you don't like the way the car maker handled your situation, you're free to buy from another company, just like we're all free to buy from Whistler, or get an SDR setup, or buy a professional radio if we'd like. That doesn't lessen our criticism of Uniden though.

In conclusion, should Uniden "halt all production"? No, but they should either put enough resources in to fixing the issues, or tell people that it's going to be on the back burner. Now that we know what they've been doing this summer, we all know why we haven't been a priority.

+1 on that! ;)

EDCScanner

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned

+2 on that!

crash_iam

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Replace:

1. Ford with Uniden

should have never bought a ford thats your prob right there. Just like i should have never bought a hp-1. I guess you get what you pay for when you buy junk.

k3cfc

Silent Key
My 2003 Town and Country has 252.000 on the clock. no rust no peeling paint.

Ford has the better idea but Chrysler made it perfect!!

Status
Not open for further replies.