• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Base Station Power Supply (TK-7180 & TK-8180)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
How can i get a tk-7180 and tk-8180 stacked together to run off the same power supply? I'm trying to make it a clean setup so that the radios are stacked and look much like the setup in the link below only the radios would be stacked together.

Buy a third bracket.

1) Bolt '1' & '2' together.

2) Mount radio 2 in bracket '1'.

3)Bolt bracket 3 to the top of your power supply.

4)Clamshell radio 1 between brackets '2' and '3' by lining up the bolt holes in the slots in bracket '2' & '3' and bolt in radio 1.

Note: You will have to remove and drill the cover of your power supply though.

09168a53fe706eb7f8650cc64c37ee95.jpg

In the photo, I have a TM-V71 as radio 1, and the NX-700 is radio 2. It's not going to look exactly like your link but if done carefully it can look clean. While mine does not look perfect, it does what I need it to do in my work truck

I sketched what the photo shows, note how the clamshell end brackets fit together

5abf21d2d77f3b1173de44c04cba3832.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Colton25

I want them to be enclosed like the original picture with the single radio setup. I just thought maybe astron sold a radio cover for a dual radio stack option.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Yea, I do not think they make an option like that. You may want to call them and explain what you are looking for... Never know, they may have something that is not published.

Colton25

Yeah, do you know of any other manufacture that makes radio cabinets that are similar to what I want to do. I know I've seen some that are built to have the radios side by side. Even though these aren't radios this is the kind of idea I have.
ICOM SRP REPEATER SERIES | Foresolutions

Yea, I do not think they make an option like that. You may want to call them and explain what you are looking for... Never know, they may have something that is not published.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Probably an easy solution would be to purchase the mobile face plates for those radios. I've seen people that have constructed vertical mounts that hold the radios with the power supply in the base.

Other option would be to find a 19" rack mount designed for repeaters. You can fit two of these radio side by side.

Status
Not open for further replies.