No EMS Tone Outs Athens County

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
So a few days ago I stopped hearing the EMS tone outs on my radio. Anyone else experiencing this as well. Has Athens Co. EMS switched to a different, non OTA tone out system? Athens City Fire still tones out, though the tone has changed from a short A-Long B followed by a quick repeating A-B tone, to just the short A-Long B. Anyone have info on this?

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
The 911 center is getting a major console upgrade. The old console used a Zetron encoder which added a
"hi-lo" tone to the city fire alerts. The new console is from Motorola and doesn't do that.

The patch for EMS MARCS and VHF is out of service until everything is installed and moved in to the primary dispatch center. Right now, there is a temporary dispatch center set up in the EMA office's meeting room. They are painting and making other upgrades to the primary center before the furniture and consoles are installed. Everything should be resolved and back to normal in the next 30 days.

By the way, look for Athens County EMS and Ohio University PD to switch over to the IP based MARCS system very soon. They are waiting on the Glouster tower to get converted to 7X. The Sheriff's office should migrate shortly after the first of the year.

Rick, W8UU

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
That will make things a lot easier to scan with them all on the same system. Thanks for the info. On another note, I am a little confused on the 7x stuff, is that referring to the P25 system software revision?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
By the way, look for Athens County EMS and Ohio University PD to switch over to the IP based MARCS system very soon.

What? OUPD leave VHF? That's un-American and sacrilege!!!

Of course, the Student Security Aide program ended several years ago for whatever reason, so I don't suppose it matters any more.

Former Unit 63 (East Green, Assistant Senior Aide). . .

Status
Not open for further replies.