Stop PSR800 from receiving Individual Calls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Just a quick ? for the PSR800 users out there. I did search here at RR but found nothing.

It appears that the PSR800 will capture "individual call" transmissions when scanning or holding on a talk group.

As per the manual ..

"Multi-System Trunking - Scans most common analog trunked
radio system signaling formats, including P25, Motorola, EDACS
and LTR. Both talkgroup and individual call monitoring are
supported"

How do I turn those individual transmissions off ?

SCPD

QRT
Well .. I thought I had this fixed. But guess not.

Anyone have any thoughts ?

Last edited:

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I don't understand the question unless you mean to be able to SKIP an object*? If so you just hit SKIP when the scanner stops on it and it puts it in a temporary bank like the old "lockout" on other scanners. You can Lockout any object too by hitting "Menu" while the scanner's stopped on it OR by scrolling to "Browse objects" in the Settings menu. You use the up/down keys to scroll to the object and then hit MENU again then can lock it out. The Skip feature is better as you can just go back to "restore skipped" and hit SEL to restore all the one's you skipped over for whatever reason instead of doing things one at a time to take them out of locked out*

Last edited by a moderator:

mikey60

Make sure there's not a private call wildcard in your configuration for that system. In EZScan, if you switch to the trunking tab, and then select the system, and then the Radio ID Details sub-tab, you should be able to delete it. Copy the configuration back to the radio and you should be all set.

Note: If you've entered any radios on that tab, and they use a private call, you'll hear those.

Mike

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Make sure there's not a private call wildcard in your configuration for that system. In EZScan, if you switch to the trunking tab, and then select the system, and then the Radio ID Details sub-tab, you should be able to delete it. Copy the configuration back to the radio and you should be all set.

Note: If you've entered any radios on that tab, and they use a private call, you'll hear those.

Mike

Edmscan, this is probably your issue if you have any of the 'culprits' we discussed in PMs ID'd.

Mike - could he enter them in but lock them out/skip them? Then would the ID show up on talkgroups but not as private calls?

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for your replies.

I have it like this ... a scanlist with LawEnforcement TG's in there (6 in total) .. and about 4500 radioID's under that system (Edacs).

I am going to try the wildcard thing .. and lock it out.

I do not want to hear any iCalls period. They are 90% transit radios here and about 10% city radios .. and that just does not interest me.

Though I mainly listen to 1 scanlist .. I do want those RadioID's to display at the bottom of the screen as they are now. It is just the iCalls from those radios I do not want to hear.

What about trying to set the offending iCall Radios to only 1 scan list ? and not the one that I am listening to. There are probably a potential of 1600 of those radios out of my total of 4500 radios in my RadioID list.

SCPD

QRT
Edmscan, this is probably your issue if you have any of the 'culprits' we discussed in PMs ID'd.

Mike - could he enter them in but lock them out/skip them? Then would the ID show up on talkgroups but not as private calls?

Yes .. I am pretty sure that is exactly my issue Jay. However .. as there is no iCall enable / disable checkbox this is how I will have to do it.

SCPD

QRT
Ok ... well I tried. But I am still getting those iCall transmissions.

I did the following .. Locked / Skipped out the Wildcard as below and selected the offending radios and made them only for the scanlist that that they belong to. They are not radios at all associated with the scanlist I am wanting to listen to).

Btw .. this software is not what I am used to. Oh how I would love a PSREdit version for this radio right about now. However once I get it programmed .. it will not be changed much at all. Just need to get there.

Here is my Wildcard under RadioID's and a sample of the offending radios .. looking for suggestions.

The Scanlist I am listening to is 1.

Wildcard.jpg

Wildcard2.jpg

SCPD

QRT
Ok ... I think I finally kicked it. Unlike all the other posts here on RR .. which all want to turn these iCalls on, I found nothing on how to make sure you do not get them.

So .. this seems to have worked and it is working even if the radio is turned off. :p Time will tell if those iCalls are truly gone. They are kinda easy to tell .. as they are almost all transit buses and it is just different than the police, ems and fire stuff I really want to hear.

I deleted ALL the offending radios from my radio list .. that was pretty easy as anything over a certain number I do not want anyways. So deleted also the wildcard entry totally.

That seems to have fixed the issues .. and my radio id data for the ones I want to see is working fine.

SCPD

QRT
As per the Yahoo PSR800 group ..

The Radio ID lockout is for "private" calls only.

This information would have helped me .. as I could have just locked out the radios I did not want to get iCalls from and have NO wildcard entry.

(I have tested this and this appears to work just fine).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.