Dare County Scanners go silent....

Status
Not open for further replies.

obxbarry

Does anyone have any idea of what is happening in Dare County/Outer Banks as far as the scanners go? I have two scanners in two different locations that have gone silent in the last 3 days. I found out today I can use my phone to stream current scanner calls but my base units are silent. Any ideas? Solutions ? Suggestions?

stowaway

Same thing happened for me. I haven't heard anything about rebanding but if I enter the alternate control channels I'm picking up occasional traffic. 858.4375 is actually getting traffic as of a minute ago. I wonder if they switched primary cc frequencies earlier in the week.

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Very interesting... I was in Kill Devil Hills all last week and things were working for the Simulcast site. Do you have all of the site frequencies programmed or a subset of them? Perhaps they switched to a frequency not previous showing as a CC or Alt CC

857.43750 857.98750 858.43750a 858.98750a 859.43750a 859.98750c

Any chance they switched from P25 Phase 1 to Phase 2 (probably not given they are on 800 vs 700 Mhz freqs)?

And a real long shot -- are they possibly using/appearing on the VIPER system?

EDIT: which model/type of scanners are you guys using?

stowaway

Using a pro 106, after adding the alt cc earlier today I have been getting all of the normal traffic I'd expect.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Always enter all the control channels as they may change. I add all the frequencies just incase the system admin decides to assign another frequency as a control channel.

Phones are not scanner/radio receivers. They just receive the live audio streamed from someone else's scanner through RR/Broadcastify

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Has my online scanner feed been working (it's the one you listen to on your phone/computer)? If so then the system hasn't changed as I haven't altered any settings in months. I have not received any "feed not working" complaints either.

BTW, If you aren't using a directional (Yagi) antenna, you are going to have a hard time picking up anything because of multipath distortion (which is very bad this time of year).

stowaway

Your feed has been pretty good but there's a 1-2 second static that comes up regularly and I believe shows tac44 so maybe someone in Avon has a mic button sticking or something.

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Not to hijack the thread, but stowaway, if you can get the correct ID of the static, I will lock it out ("FIRE TAC 44" is a p25 talkgroup so there should be no static). I've had several complaints of the same static recently but nobody knows what frequency it's from (I'm 99% sure its a VHF frequency squelching due to radio skip).

obxbarry

thanks for response

Thank you for the responses to my post. Yes the simulcast on my phone app comes in great and has all the calls. I am using RadioShack Pro 197. I have not checked the CC frequency or the alternative CC.
jsncrso thank you for the live feed you do. I appreciate I can get it through my phone. Now if I can just remember how to program the frequencies I should be good to go.

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Nothing has changed on Dare's P25 system... scanner feed has been strong all day so I''m sure what you were experiencing was multipath distortion.

(also, I locked out the offending frequency that produced all of the static and squelching)

Status
Not open for further replies.