F.I.R.S.T on WS1080

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I have a brand new Whistler WS1080 that's been programmed and brought up to date with the newest updates available. My issue is no receive on the MD FIRST system. I have taken the scanner to two sites ( Harford county and Cecil county), I have all of the talkgroups available for both counties but nothing is received. I have been on site or close for several hours but still no action..is there anything else I might be missing?..
I have an older, 1st run PSR 800 that receives like a champ

riveter

Premium Subscriber
My question would be, will this scanner receive P25 FDMA? If so, you may have one of two issues. One, the TDMA may not be decoding correctly, or two, the bandplan might be wrong.

For 1: Check if radio stops scan on active talkgroups in the system. If radio stops scan on talkgroup when active but makes no noise, FDMA is not decoding.

For 2: Check if radio shows RSSI/signal bars for control channel when monitoring a talkgroup. If radio receives control channel but does not stop scan on active talkgroups, bandplan may be incorrect.

Bandplan may also be incorrect if:
Radio receives other systems in FDMA or TDMA waveforms,
Radio receives control channel noise when control channel manually input as simple analog channel,
Radio does not show RSSI for control channel when monitoring system talkgroup

If the radio does not receive control channel noise when you manually input the control channel frequency, you may have the wrong frequency put in, or the tuner may be broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.