Pinellas P25 site 4 tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanman1960

I am listening to site 4 from Pasco county on a GRE 500. I previously could listen to analog crystal clear. Currently I show 3 bars and can occasional listen to a radio transmission. Any one have any tips to increase my reception in the scanner settings, attenna( Using RS 800 duck) or using a gre super amplifier. Thank you.

mitbr

I am listening to site 4 from Pasco county on a GRE 500. I previously could listen to analog crystal clear. Currently I show 3 bars and can occasional listen to a radio transmission. Any one have any tips to increase my reception in the scanner settings, attenna( Using RS 800 duck) or using a gre super amplifier. Thank you.

If you are able to get a 800mhz yagi buy the roof tripod from RS buy a long arm fiberglass painters pole and the cheap RS rotor for aiming it. This is what I use. Its mounted on the ground so it can be moved or lowered in bad weather.

The only thing currently broadcasting on the P25 site 4 is St Pete PD.

If this is what you want to hear they are simulcasting there disp channels on the old analogue Ridgcrest site.

How well do you hear the analogue Ridgecrest site at your location?
Tim

ngel

How far north are you?I pretty much have the same set up as you and i can not get site 4 at all from my location in Pasco which is very close to Pinellas line. I am about 5 miles from the east lake tower. All i can receive is site 5, 2, and 12. I can not get my scanner to follow the conversations on site 2 which also has SPPD on it. Site 2 control channel shows full bars for me , however all i get is choppy and garbled audio and the scanner will not stay on the talkgroup, i constantly loose signal on the voice channels. Weird to say the least.

I have a super amplifier , in previous experiences it did not help that much with reception of any P25 sites. I don't know if i have some bad interference or setting? I have tried changing the expert settings many different ways but does not seem to help much. Some day's i can't receive P25 at all depending on the weather. I have to position my scanner just right all the time just to pick up site 5, i can only pick it up in certain rooms. P25 reception sucks for me. Do you have any tips since you are able to pick up site 4?

abbadabbado

pine digital reception in pasco

here in central pasco on the coast i use a yaga from scannermaster. i dont remember the model. but it is highly directional . i turm my 30 ft pipi with antennas by hand to point towards down the coast . at this time i can get all sites with 4 an 5 bars on 996t. but i normaly point it north to recieve hernando an citrus county, i will go out a turn it south an unlock pinellac county digital to see if what i said is still working. my biggest issue is polk county digital. another subject. i think i gave about 130.00 for the yoga well worth the money to me every time i post some perfect poster comments on my spelling, thats why i dont join in as much, i wish i was as perfect as some think they are if you can try the ant you might be surprised with good results

sanman1960

I am in Land O Lakes, I have noticed that there is no signal bars for milesin fact all the way to TIA but I believe that I am in a elevated area and can get some reception but only with the rs 800mhz antenna. and only in the back of my house near the top of the window and only in the driveway about 4-6ft off the ground. My setting s are the ones Kaylees dad recommended awhile back except audio boost left on.When I am in Pinellas reception is very good and also all the way east to the Tampa fire police training center I have reception but not very far north.

tampatracker

Site #4 4 bars here in S. Tampa (location permitting). I'm approx 3 miles south of TGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.