• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR7550 display

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jerryray

Can anyone tell me if the XPR7550 radio display goes dark or shuts off after a set time?
If it does can you see the display even though the backlight is off.

TIA

J

jerryray

Great, Thanks. Now the hunt for a good price with cable and software subscription.

N4KVE

That's no deal. 2 weeks ago I got one locally that I paid $500 for. I know where it was purchased new July 28, 2014, & it came with all the accessories. Plus best of all, as I handed the guy my cash, he handed me the radio, which I was able to inspect first. Absolutely brand new, & since it was local, all the freq's I needed were already in the radio.

Last edited:

Firebuff880

Glad you said you knew where it was purchased from and came from because the original purchaser had to loose money at $500.00 and "brand new for cash" would make me think it fell off a truck. :)

N4KVE

No, I know the seller, & I know the Motorola dealer who sold it to him. Also, this is the 2nd 7550 I purchased for $500. The first one I got in January, & it too was mint & came from the same dealer when new. When someone needs money to pay the mortgage, & they need the money today, they don't have the luxury of posting the item on the internet & waiting until the item gets sold. I work in a gun store, & people are always coming in to sell us a gun they bought a month ago, but due to the tough economy, they have to sell the gun immediately, & lose 40% of what they just paid. I'm always glad to help my friends, & I told him any time he wants his 7550 back, he can have it for the same $500 he got from me. By the way, the radio came from a guy who lives 10 miles from you..

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
That's no deal. 2 weeks ago I got one locally that I paid $500 for. I know where it was purchased new July 28, 2014, & it came with all the accessories. Plus best of all, as I handed the guy my cash, he handed me the radio, which I was able to inspect first. Absolutely brand new, & since it was local, all the freq's I needed were already in the radio.

But look at it this way...The radio retails new for what $700 to $800 something new? Microphone probably around $60 and what about the extended battery and the chargers? Remember those don't come with the radio itself you have to buy it as a accessory. If someone does buy the radio and the accessories they know its a great deal for someone who can't afford the higher end asking prices.

SCPD

QRT
So since we're talking about 7550's, let me ask the question. Is a 7550 better than a 4550, enough that it's worth buying one? I'm not talking cosmetic, display, etc. I'm more interested in audio, both tx and rx. As many active in trbo know, you can give your volume control a good workout listening to a conversation. And it's sometimes a challenge understanding what someone is saying.

N4KVE

I am guessing you meant to compare the 7550 to the 6550. The rx on the 7550 is the best I've seen, & does the whole UHF band in 1 split. But if I had a good working 6550, with recent fw, unless you have extra cash around, I wouldn't upgrade. But the display is nicer, & it looks like a mini Saber.

Status
Not open for further replies.