VIEVU Body-Worn Cameras from Motorola Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
Yay, another camera. Does it come with the person to download the video to disc, fill out the disc property sheet, log it in the evidence tracking system, print the evidence sheet copy, put on the label and fill it out, fill out the physical evidence sheet, package it and submit it to evidence?

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
and it will go through 4 revisions (AN, BN, CN and DN), tons of HOST/DSP updates that will fix and break various "features", require subscription software to access it, and of course, there will be dozens of knock-offs, ALT units for sale on eBay in a matter of weeks...

Meanwhile...a $75 MuviHD does the same thing.

SCPD

QRT
Don't forget the internal battery dies out a day after warranty expires but that's ok the new slickvew4 is out now with extended battery life option!

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Can they be configured as part of the on-board camera/audio system? If so, can it be monitored on a scanner?

DickH

Can they be configured as part of the on-board camera/audio system? If so, can it be monitored on a scanner?

But the scanner can only hear it. Soon there will be a $2 app. for your phone so you can see it and hear it. :)

mitbr

Its interesting how cops don't have any trouble filming us but don't film them they will smash your phone on the sidewalk.

DickH

So is that a yes, it can be monitored on a scanner?

That was a tongue in cheek comment. The camera, like others, records to a memory card and has no radio function.
I think the only serious post in this thread was the first one. :)

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
You can buy better, but you can't pay more....

and it will go through 4 revisions (AN, BN, CN and DN), tons of HOST/DSP updates that will fix and break various "features", require subscription software to access it...

Which is why

As long as sales boost the $MSI share price and dividends... works for me. :D

Go for it. It's only taxpayer dollars. Just remember:

Meanwhile...a $75 MuviHD does the same thing.

If I was still working the streets I would have one on me at all times, just to cover my own rear end. Yes, if you screw up it will document it. The solution is simple: don't 'do dumb stuff'.

iamhere300

There is a good reason Mother is getting involved in the market. Think about the depth it can run, in car video/body camera, fully integrated together, with cloud hosting, can end up with price tags of easily 3k per car, or more.

Certainly a market they cannot afford to overlook

Status
Not open for further replies.