Chatham-Kent/Lambton EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Over the bit of the last couple years monitoring Chatham-Kent EDACS for fire iv noticed something odd time to time.

Chatham-kent fire is dispatched from chatham in the same place the police are dispatched out. The CK EDACS system has 7 LCN channels. Lambton County Fire is also on a EDACS 5 LCN system and is dispatched out by the Wallaceburg CACC ems center located in Wallaceburg. None of the frequencies are the same between the 2 systems. Both counties are side by side with each other

So now the strange part here is time to time i'll head Lambton fire pages over the chatham-kent system. For example tonight. Station 3 Wallaceburg was on CK EDACS Fire 2 doing man down and RIT training. 4 times on fire 2 i herd testing for lambton fire depts. Tones go out and the dispatcher saying the station and this is a test.
I herd this on my Macom Orion, My MDX and on the homepatrol so it wasnt just a fluke type thing. Last year during a house fire and units were on Fire 2 again i herd a test page for a lambton station.

Only seems to happen on Fire 2. No talkgroups on the lambton EDACS system have the same talkgroup number so im quite confused why i hear lambton dispatch calls over the CK system.

I know they dont have a interop channel either between the systems (even thou they are run by Thames Communications) and sometimes CK and Lambton fire units are on a call togeather, so i sorta ruled THAT out as a possibility.

Anyone have an idea what could cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.