IDOT Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowbird

I was at IDOT Dist 3 HQ in Ottawa.They were installing Starcom Antenna on the tower. They guy I talked to didn't know when the radios would be installed in the trucks.
I'm hoping soon. Snowbird.

I was at IDOT Dist 3 HQ in Ottawa.They were installing Starcom Antenna on the tower. They guy I talked to didn't know when the radios would be installed in the trucks.
I'm hoping soon. Snowbird.

Well at least they are installing the new base antenna for Starcom21 :D. They will problery still retain their low band antenna and radios anyway because of coverage issues.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I just heard Grundy Co on 47.10 PL123.0, wonder if they will switch to Starcom.....

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
From what I saw on accuweather today, next week might be a good time to listen to IDOT chatter... :(

n9zas

Shhhh .... the clouds will hear you. :(

n9zas

I spoke too soon and got the S word today :(. Didnt listen too IDOT up their too see if they are on Low Band or not becuase I dont listen to Low band that much. Didnt hear anything on Starcom21. I will see if I hear D3 IDOT this Saturday when their will be a little bit of more of the S word. Snow :(.

MikeyC

IDoT D3, at least in LaSalle County, is still on low-band. Their supervisors have been on StarCom for awhile but they rarely use it around here.

You would think that with Tower 134 being on the large tower behind the building, they wouldn't need much of an antenna ;)

snowbird

This will be my 1st winter listing to starcom. Looking forward to it. When it snowed on thus I didn't hear any IDOT on starcom, not sure if it was to busy with ISP.
Any one know if you can down load just IDOT and put it in a bank by itself ?

This will be my 1st winter listing to starcom. Looking forward to it. When it snowed on thus I didn't hear any IDOT on starcom, not sure if it was to busy with ISP.
Any one know if you can down load just IDOT and put it in a bank by itself ?

What scanner are you using? You will like hearing IDOT this winter. They can be funny sometimes.

usswood

Here is another new one for IDOT 8606 Marshall units talking the other night during a brief snow event... probably is IDOT D7: Marshall Ops

Here is another new one for IDOT 8606 Marshall units talking the other night during a brief snow event... probably is IDOT D7: Marshall Ops

This talkgroup was disscussed in the Sticky thread already about this talkgroup :roll:. You can find more info there.

http://forums.radioreference.com/il...87694-starcom21-offical-thread-2014-a-11.html

Also to add to my comment. Thank you for sharing the info also :D. After looking at it the talkgroup looks different now too me.

usswood

I see a 8608 listed for IDOT. Dist 8.

yeah weird that 8606 would be Dist 7... I caught 8604 last night also... but not enough traffic to pick up on who it was... I know it was IDOT just not sure who it was, either off Paris or Marshall tower, didnt have time to see where it was hitting from

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
"Snowbird" the Uniden 396XT will work great on hearing Starcom IDOT TG's.....

Status
Not open for further replies.