Elizabeth NJ PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Dispatch on VHF is still being patched to 700. The only change is there are a few units transmitting on 700 now which is being patched through to the VHF side. Slow migration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Dispatch on VHF is still being patched to 700. The only change is there are a few units transmitting on 700 now which is being patched through to the VHF side. Slow migration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most, if not all, of the ID, Patrol Supervisors, and upper echelon have been issued their VHF/700 APX's. Not sure how many patrolmen have gotten theirs.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The cars are still transmitting on VHF. A select few portables are 700 at this time. Kudos to the radio techs...they have the time delay and digital modulation on the patch coming from 700 optimized...it sounds great coming over VHF !

Send them to Newark to work on the Fire talkgroup...sound terrible in my opinion.

AC2OY

The cars are still transmitting on VHF. A select few portables are 700 at this time. Kudos to the radio techs...they have the time delay and digital modulation on the patch coming from 700 optimized...it sounds great coming over VHF !

Send them to Newark to work on the Fire talkgroup...sound terrible in my opinion.

I agree Newark Fire sounds horrible.

radiomanNJ1

The 700 system sounds good.

What are PSR800 users setting their DAC for? I have mine at 16

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like Elizabeth PD units are now migrated to the 700 NJ State system, on Phase II ....where as before, it was only a simulcast of their 154.86 channel. Anyone have any info confirming this ?

richee2000, Are you receiving Elizabeth from Basking Ridge?

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Wow, thats great! In Bridgewater I'm at the base of the mountain, Somerset County great, NJSP good, but the rest not receiving.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
if you are on the western side of the ridge, you wont be able to monitor most stuff far north and far east of you... thats why I moved to the eastern side of the mountain..didnt want to be in "the dead zone"...

Green Knoll Section, north of Route 22.

SCPD

QRT
cool!

if you are on the western side of the ridge, you wont be able to monitor most stuff far north and far east of you... thats why I moved to the eastern side of the mountain..didnt want to be in "the dead zone"...

Now richee is a fellow whos into his radio!Moves to where it is good!:D
Newark fire doesnt sound bad on my 436HP.Using west orange even though I am closer to east rutherford in clifton...go figure.
Will surely miss the older frequencies though when its all said and done.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber

Union County Communications Division's techs have always kicked some serious butt. Especially when they team up with MetroCom.

As for the EPD VHF, it's always kind of sucked. One town over in Roselle Park you can't get them on a portable in your house unless you're holding a doorknob, while holding your breath with 1 leg off the ground some days.

Analogrules

Definitely not a full simulcast, but they are more active lately in digital mode. I also just heard them switch to 155.835 (ch.2), however that transmission was NOT simulcasted on 700 MHz. They sound ok on 700, but nothing beats the clearness of analog!

AC2OY

Union County Communications Division's techs have always kicked some serious butt. Especially when they team up with MetroCom.

As for the EPD VHF, it's always kind of sucked. One town over in Roselle Park you can't get them on a portable in your house unless you're holding a doorknob, while holding your breath with 1 leg off the ground some days.

LOL that's funny Ritchie. That's like when I'm in a certin spot in my basement on my HT if I move one inch certin machines I can't hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.