Unitrunker Single Receiver MPT1327 with SDRSharp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpecker

Hi Folks,

Is it possible to use with Unitrunker with the SDRSharp plugin and a single R820T to follow MPT1327?

I normally use a Winradio with their software which follows using a single receiver but need something more portable.

TIA

SCPD

QRT
I don't recommend that setup for the following reasons.

1. two RTL sticks used as single channel receivers uses *less* CPU than two channels on the same RTL stick.

2. RTL sticks are very cheap.

3. If the voice channel and control channel are more than a couple of Mhz apart, you'll need a separate RTL stick anyways.

#3 is often true for 851 Mhz and 935 Mhz trunking. A single RTL stick can cover - at most - about 2.5 Mhz. Most public safety is 851 to 854 Mhz. There's more trunking from 854 to 861 Mhz and again at 935 to 940 Mhz. You might get lucky with a site whose channels are within 2 Mhz of each other.

At $8 to $10 per RTL stick, order three (or more) and not worry about missed conversations because one voice channel is out of reach.

Think of this as an economic decision eg. dollars per channel. If you run multiple RTL sticks at $10 per channel on hardware you already own vs. upgrading your laptop or desktop to support the wider SDR bandwidth - your cost balloons to hundreds of dollars per channel.

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
To be clear, when I've used one RTL, I've only done it using one channel, by having SDRSharp running the receiver, piping the control channel output to UniTrunker and using the SDRSharp trunking plugin to change the frequency.

I have noticed that SDR Console is resource intensive, and harder to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.