996xt - using tone lockout...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar350

On the 996xt - in tone search mode - when it finds a undesired PL/DPL I set the tone to "set lockout"...

after that it will receive the frequency and lock out said tone - but on the screen it flashes between this
" ***** " and the tone that I had locked out...

In short I suppose my question is - is it possible to lock out tones and still search for new ones?

captclint

Mentor
On the 996xt - in tone search mode - when it finds a undesired PL/DPL I set the tone to "set lockout"...

after that it will receive the frequency and lock out said tone - but on the screen it flashes between this
" ***** " and the tone that I had locked out...

In short I suppose my question is - is it possible to lock out tones and still search for new ones?
No. It will generally prevent the agency with the specific tone you lockout from opening squelch, but will allow all other tones or agencies who use NO tones. When another tone is received, you will not see what it is...just the tone you locked out, as you described.. This lockout will not affect any custom searches.

Last edited:

Darkstar350

ok thanks...

well my next question would be - is there away around it? ex. if I am getting multiple tones on the same frequency I could program the same frequency multiple times locking out each unwanted tone?

captclint

Mentor
ok thanks...

well my next question would be - is there away around it? ex. if I am getting multiple tones on the same frequency I could program the same frequency multiple times locking out each unwanted tone?
Sorry. Perhaps this will help. For example
PD#1 uses 155.670 156.7, so lock it out. It will receive PD#2 & #3
PD#2 uses 155.670 131.8, so lock it out. It will receive PD#1 & #3
PD#3 uses 155.670 203.5, so lock it out. It will receive PD# 1 & #2

Of course, if you only want to hear PD#3, you program 155.670 203.5 and don't lock it out, and you will not hear #1 or #2

Last edited:

Gilligan

Database Admin
You may also look into some kind of a solution with the negative delay (forced channel resume). Unfortunately I don't think there are any settings lower than -5 which means that you would have to listen to five seconds of audio from one PL before switching to the next channel. I'd like to see more options with the negative delay all the way down to zero, which would solve this problem. If they supported that, then you could program all of your known frequency/tone channels sequentially and then have the last one with tone search, so if it bypassed the known tones, it would hit the last channel and display the newly discovered tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.