Hopatcong PD.. Swtiched to DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

res5cue

From the Facebook page of the Hopatcong Police Department in Sussex County, NJ.

Scanners: The Hopatcong Police Department has upgraded the police radio system from analog to digital. You will no longer be able to hear us. Rest assured you will still hear us on here. Thank you for your support. Lt. Kmetz

They have switched to Mototurbo. And from what i've heard totally encrypted too. So there wont be any decoding them!!

balibago

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Can't you buy a 500 dollar radio and check all the encryption settings until you can hear them.Those decoder writers are too scared to write an encryption program ha ha

res5cue

Denville went NEXDEN. As far as the 500 dollar radio i dont believe that will work. not familiar with the Mototurbo type of encryption but i believe its stronger thern P25 encryption but I may be wrong.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
If I'm reading the OP correctly, it appears they went encrypted but are broadcasting their channel over the feed....

res5cue

Sorry.. What they meant by you can still hear us here is they will still be posting arrests and important information on their Facebook page. There will be no live feed streamed by them. sorry for the confusion.

mlmummert

You need encryption keys which can and do change - not to mention it's ILLEGAL.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Those decoder writers are too scared to write an encryption program ha ha

Scared of being charged with a felony? Having alphabet soup agencies investigate them? Encourage these agencies to go to something much more secure?

Enough already about writing software to decrypt encrypted comms... Even if someone is actively trying, I doubt they would let a loud mouth know what they are up to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moose

Soon enough we will all be stuck listening to fire and ems calls. :mad:

In the future, with all PD's encrypted, there will be a need for spotters who drive around looking for activity who will then radio their observations to others, sort of like the fire buffs do now. The police may have the ability to conceal what they are saying but they can't conceal what they are doing in public.

chiefjohnson

Hopatcong

I understand they went to MotoTrbo but did they switch frequencies? I heard the repeater activate and a few clicks in the analog mode as recent as 30 minutes ago.

res5cue

one of the biggest reasons for the switch is due to interference from orange county new york on their input, switching to DMR should help that issue. not saying it will fix it, im shocked more agencies in sussex or warren arent digital. it is a bummer not being able to listen to your own pd.

SCPD

QRT
I thought the issue with Orange County,NY was fixed, when Orange County changed the PL on 155.85? I guess not. On the HPD facebook page,they stated that the Dispatcher couldn't hear the portables in sections of the borough.That's why the change to DMR.

chiefjohnson

The coverage from what I hear is a much improvement from what they were dealing with. They added several receiver sites and a voter which has increased their portable talk in tremendously.

wuping

Feed Provider
Hopatcong DMR

I've loaded the Uniden DMR upgrade into my 436HP and can now listen to Hopatcong PD, although only during a custom search. Not sure what is happening. Search tells me talk group 0, but when programmed into the radio it will not stop on that talk group. Has anyone else had any luck? I've got the local amateur DMR repeater working just fine.

W2SJW

Database Admin
For future reference, please do not re-activate old threads.

Also, it's physically impossible to have a DMR group ID of 0. Put the scanner in 'quick search' mode and sit on that frequency. You'll see the TG and UID come across the screen when they transmit.

Please submit that data when you can, as the TGID info has been missing for quite a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.