ARC 536 November software update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Gommert:

I noticed a new release of ARC 536.

Can you tell us what has changed with this new version, please?

Thanks!

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
Well for one thing it fixed the lack of character # for channel names. Now it's easier to fill names. Come to think of it, I'll have to see if "justify names" works any better.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Gommert,
Just a few comments on the new release this week.

#1- On the VC panel, the scanning direction arrow is now missing.
#2- On the same VC panel, the wifi indicator (even though we have no need for it right now) has also disappeared.
#3- In the menu selection for turning on or off scan list items, you cannot see whether the database is on or off. All the other favorite list items are visable but not the nationwide database.

Otherwise, thank you for the updates...

Take Care,
Mike

Emoney250

Just purchased the ARC 536 Basic. I am trying to figure out how to import my Sentinel "hpe" file to Butel program (it wants "hpd" file). How can I convert my hpe to hpd? Look forward to using this software so I can share my postitive feedback......

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There are two "work-arounds" for this.

One is like Gommert said - locate the HPD (D as in David) which are where he described above. Unfortunately they are not named where you can easily discern which Favorites List is which. Rather, they are like "f_000001.hpd". (You can open the f_00xxx.hpd" file with notepad and get some idea of what it is).

HPE (E as in Edward) are "exportable" files that can be shared with other users, or saved for future reference. As best as I can tell, the "D" version files conincide with a configuration file to make things work in the scanner. The "E" version files are stand-along that get converted into "D" files when they are actually imported, which is a Sentinel only function. (This is only an educated guess, however).

The other option, and it may be simpler, is to connect the scanner and read each Favorites List with ARC. They have to be done one at a time, otherwise you'll end up merging multiple favorites lists.

I use both Sentinel and ARC. One does some things better than the other and vice versa. But there is an important thing to remember: If you make changes to a Favorites List with "A", then you ought to read and save the revised Favorites List with "B". Otherwise your FLs will be out of sync which could lead to future consternation.

se

Bcd536hp settings.

Hi All.

Im sure I unknowingly changed a setting in my bcd536hp but when I (only) have the virtual control in arc536pro running the scanner starts to scan normally and then beeps a half second after it stops on a channel thats transmitting something. Howdo I fix this?

Thanks Sheldon.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
"Mouse click" the "F" button (right side just beside the Moni button) then click on the "System" button.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Gommert,

Did you ever get a chance to look into the issue I raised where updating one FL on the scanner changed all of the Start Up Configurations to the one used for that FL?

For example, if I updated FL4 and upload that to the scanner, all of the other FL Start Up Configuration numbers are changed to 4.

The work around for that is I upload the scanner to Sentinel and change the incorrect ones back. Kind of a pain in the neck, but not a major issue.

If there are any files you need me to upload so you can trouble shoot this, please let me know by PM.

Thanks,

Gary

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Just purchased the ARC 536 Basic. I am trying to figure out how to import my Sentinel "hpe" file to Butel program (it wants "hpd" file). How can I convert my hpe to hpd? Look forward to using this software so I can share my postitive feedback......

Can't you just load the Sentinel file into the radio, then save the radio data to ARC?

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Gommert,

Did you ever get a chance to look into the issue I raised where updating one FL on the scanner changed all of the Start Up Configurations to the one used for that FL?

For example, if I updated FL4 and upload that to the scanner, all of the other FL Start Up Configuration numbers are changed to 4.

The work around for that is I upload the scanner to Sentinel and change the incorrect ones back. Kind of a pain in the neck, but not a major issue.

If there are any files you need me to upload so you can trouble shoot this, please let me know by PM.

Thanks,

Gary

Yes was fixed long time ago, are you running 0.95?

Status
Not open for further replies.