Blair P25 weakness

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonBon

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Feed Provider
End 2011 I wrote a post describing how cambria county should apply and obtain a grant for the full upgrading of their new analog system to p25 FDMA Conventional. Seeing as it has the perfect amount of tower sifes and already obtained FCC Frequency assignments. With a little imitative and a grant written based on a lack of interoperable communications with Blair and Washington township along with a emense amount focused on safety. This aspect is important due to the ammount of dead areas(not spots... AREAS) hindering and sometimes flat out blocking the ability to communicate. Cambria should create a commission to seek upgrading the system for FREE!

As fof blair, I love your system but it only took me 3 seconds usong my xts2500 with FCC and federal flashcode BY ACCIDENT NOT ON PURPOSE to affiliate to the system and clone your dispatch ID. The radio does this as a feature and was overlooked after programming your system using FPP. I recomend an IP connect update with shiftable keys and radio isolation features. Upgrading to IP Connect will give you the DPH modem in your vehicle to attach an MDT to use for high mbps data transfer.

Or just upgrade to des or aes encryption.

BLAIR P25 was MY IDEA FIRST. I can forward the forum post suggesting it to you if needed.

P25 conventional is easy to hack and using some features very very easy to trick or disorient system users wjth ghosting, cloned radio id's especially if the hackers radio has its emergency activation feature ENABLED

I live far away and don't mess with your system But come on ...3 seconds by accident. Lol

RonBon

Feed Provider
By my idea i mean they stole my cambria.county idea and implemented it in Blair. Not mad but i find this neat. Ip connect will advance your county 15 years. Bringjng hign spped data to your system for CAD. Station alerting. GPS Fleet tracking as well as radio erase and disable. You saved money by going conventional. Spend it on this. At least IP connect for the mobile radios.

If you want the flashcode the radio that did it has let me know. Legit from factory and registered federally in the database incase kts stolen. Hardware key encrypted as well allowing only myself to use it.

RonBon

Feed Provider
Who family is a firefighting family or used to be. Entire family lives in Blair and Cambria. I care.

phillydjdan

Can I have some of what you're having??? lol

Sent using Android ForumReader app

RonBon

Feed Provider
Nothing to give. I love my radios. Love the Blair system on my Motorola. So silly how it lets you be who ever you want.

You all would not know what to do with our phase 2 system in our county. The operators are mental. Its fully loaded with everything Motorola offers and they have none of the features activated. 25 million and they use none of the features. It drives me crazy.

No one is able to push a button and talk to the next county over up there.

RonBon

Feed Provider
We have 13 counties at the push of a button from 4 States.with the right people the altonna johnstown area could be like this.

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
Wth? Im trying to figure out what your trying to say......

RonBon

Feed Provider
Add Motorola DPH 1000 modems to your vehicles. Push all counties in your area to go p25 conventional. Efjohnson and Harris are cheaper if money is a problem. Create an area wide radio id master table. Then program the whole region into every radio for fully functional mutual aid.join the right era of technology. 9/11 happened in your back yard you have lee way.

RonBon

Feed Provider
My main point of this was anyone can field program a p25 radio with the right settings and really mess with you guys. It took me 5 minutes to program mine to pretend to be your dispatch. Encryption will solve this if it becomes a problem.

Voyager

My main point of this was anyone can field program a p25 radio with the right settings and really mess with you guys. It took me 5 minutes to program mine to pretend to be your dispatch. Encryption will solve this if it becomes a problem.

Encryption cannot stop jamming or DOS attacks or hacking like yours.

As for your statement that "It took me 5 minutes to program mine to pretend to be your dispatch", exactly what is your name and address again? :D

RonBon

Feed Provider
It will stop malicious transmissions and radio id data transmissions. People mess with analog systems like this and it's just annoying.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
It will stop malicious transmissions and radio id data transmissions. People mess with analog systems like this and it's just annoying.

No it will not. Only the voice data is encrypted, and if you transmit in the clear on an encrypted channel, the encrypted radios will pass the clear audio.

You realize you admit to breaking the law when you claimed you spoofed their dispatch radio right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RonBon

Feed Provider
It has to accept the key when the PTT is pressed. No bits of data will be transmitted if the key isn't accepted. "Key fail" and no talk permit. Tested this theory on a close by decomissioned system. I've been well educated in p25 trunked and and tricks to play o.n the standard. Conventional is the most fun.

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
It has to accept the key when the PTT is pressed. No bits of data will be transmitted if the key isn't accepted. "Key fail" and no talk permit. Tested this theory on a close by decomissioned system.

That you have a legit RID on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RonBon

Feed Provider
My toggle was on position A and not C. Nothing was transmitted. The ptt would have allowed for voice access and would have identified itself as what I said.

RonBon

Feed Provider
Take my ideas or don't. You would not function properly if the johnstown floods were to happen again.Mutual aid would not function and rescue efforts would be hindered.

I like to paint pictures using disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.