Questions and confusion with Proscan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subliminal87

So I am still on my trial with Proscan, just trying to figure it out so I can figure out if I am going to buy it. This is the deciding factor for me.

How exactly do I set up and use the web server feature so I can use my web browser on my phone and listen to the scanner?

I got the server port, connections figured out. I got the title, description.

What do I do with the Stream name (Part of URL)?

I got the Serve folder location setup. Do I just click start and it's done? or do I need to do stuff in the Source Client tab?

Once I click start, where/how do I find it?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
What do I do with the Stream name (Part of URL)?
The default is "stream". It doesn't have to be changed.

I got the Serve folder location setup. Do I just click start and it's done? or do I need to do stuff in the Source Client tab?

The Source Client is another feature and has nothing to do with the Web Server. Nothing needs to be entered there. If you want to password protect the Audio, Control, Folders & Files then enter in password/s. Click the Start button. The port forwarding on the router needs to allow TCP traffic on the port specified in the Web Server.

Once I click start, where/how do I find it?

For testing...Start with the local browser to see if a web page comes up and the audio streams. Enter in the IP address and port # in the browser URL box. For example: "http://192.168.1.4:8000".

Click the audio link in the browser. A media player associated with ".m3u" files should start to play the audio stream.

Once it's working locally, then try remotely with the outside IP address, not the 192 or 10 address.

Last edited:

Subliminal87

The default is "stream". It doesn't have to be changed.

The Source Client is another feature and has nothing to do with the Web Server. Nothing needs to be entered there. If you want to password protect the Audio, Control, Folders & Files then enter in password/s. Click the Start button. The port forwarding on the router needs to allow TCP traffic on the port specified in the Web Server.

For testing...Start with the local browser to see if a web page comes up and the audio streams. Enter in the IP address and port # in the browser URL box. For example: "http://192.168.1.4:8000".

Click the audio link in the browser. A media player associated with ".m3u" files should start to play the audio stream.

Once it's working locally, then try remotely with the outside IP address, not the 192 or 10 address.

I was able to get it work locally but not from the outside.

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
Streaming Outside the Home

If it works locally but not outside the home, you probably need to configure your router
to allow this. That is allow port forwarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.