HP-2 / Sentinel / Firmware Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF7IJZ

First, I want to confirm that the "HP-1" Sentinel is the same to be used with the HP-2 as far as data updates and favorites management goes - that seems to work fine.

The odd thing is firmware update. HP Sentinel downloads a firmware update, seems to copy it to the HP-2 (Writing firmware file to HomePatrol...), and tells me that the update will begin when I unplug the USB cable. So, I eject the mass storage device, disconnect the cable and then poof - nothing happens. Thoughts?

LZ56

Premium Subscriber
UPMan said in another thread (which I can't seem to find) that the HP-2 indeed uses the HP-1 version of Sentinel. Maybe you'll have better luck finding that thread.

phask

Premium Subscriber
First, I want to confirm that the "HP-1" Sentinel is the same to be used with the HP-2 as far as data updates and favorites management goes - that seems to work fine.

The odd thing is firmware update. HP Sentinel downloads a firmware update, seems to copy it to the HP-2 (Writing firmware file to HomePatrol...), and tells me that the update will begin when I unplug the USB cable. So, I eject the mass storage device, disconnect the cable and then poof - nothing happens. Thoughts?

Did it power off? I've seen a HP1 do that, but not every time either. Try turning it back on and see if it completes.

Mine was shipped with the current firmware. Check yours -menu - advanced - version

Current should be 1.05 - sub 1.02 if it's that you don't need an update.

- Sentinel is the same as HP1 - check the version of it to be sure it's correct. 2.03 rev 02

KF7IJZ

I checked the version and it is intact 1.05/1.02. Just odd that Sentinel downloads something and copies it to the card every time. Given that Sentinel doesn't seem to have been updated to actually understand that the HP-2 is different, the software may think it's a 1.05 HP-1, but the radio is smart enough to ignore the firmware file.

coolderb

I added the link to the revised Sentinel this morning. I'd had it "on deck" but missed making the link live.

HomePatrolSentinel < HomePatrol < TWiki

Is there a manual for the HomePatrol 2? I realize that most of the features are covered by the HP1 manual, but I have a question about the USB/charging port. I'm wondering if it is possible to use it for AC power and data at the same time. I would like to access the remote control features without having to run down the batteries.

Thanks

Beaquel

This may be a dumb question, but I'm having a terrible time getting my HP-2 to recognize the Mass Storage mode so that I can Read From or Write To Sentinel. How do you enable the mass storage mode so that you can get access to the SD card? I can't figure out what sequence of powering on/off, plugging in/out the USB cable, etc. that will make it be recognized by my Windows PC. I got it once, but I can't figure it out again.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
With the scanner turned on, plug the USB cable into your PC, then into your scanner. The scanner prompts "Mass Storage" or "Serial Mode." Select "Mass Storage."

Beaquel

Paul, I rebooted my computer, started up Sentinel, turned on my scanner, plugged the USB into the computer, then plugged the USB into the scanner. The only message I ever see is whether to charge or not. It never asks me if I want to go to mass storage mode.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Paul, I rebooted my computer, started up Sentinel, turned on my scanner, plugged the USB into the computer, then plugged the USB into the scanner. The only message I ever see is whether to charge or not. It never asks me if I want to go to mass storage mode.
Happened to me on my HP-1 changed the SD card and then it worked fine.Maybe not your issue but thought I would throw it out their just in case.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.