Eastside Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that NORCOM has two TGIDs for fire and ambulance dispatch. My question is, I know Dispatch 1 (22348 I believe) is used for the comm center to page various stations to go on a call. However, what is Dispatch 2 used for? Thanks.

FFSOD7189

Retired Fire Lieutenant
Premium Subscriber
NORCOM does not page Stations to go on calls on TG 22348! NORCOM does Dispatch on TG 22348.

RBMTS

I've noticed that NORCOM has two TGIDs for fire and ambulance dispatch. My question is, I know Dispatch 1 (22348 I believe) is used for the comm center to page various stations to go on a call. However, what is Dispatch 2 used for? Thanks.

Dispatch 2 is used for the comms center and units to communicate with each other by voice when units are not assigned to a call or any tac channel. Units returning, or moving between stations will usually monitor dispatch 2 until they are back in quarters.

charlieone

The only thing you'll ever hear on dispatch 1 is locution. Like RMBTS said, dispatch 2 is used to contact dispatch when you're not assigned to a tac talkgroup.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
That's what I thought. So to tell dispatch their status since Dispatch 1 is automated. I remember a while back they had Dispatches 5 and 11 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.