Any News on George Fetter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyDaze

I just a reference to George Fetter being arrested again. Does anyone know any more about this? I think it was in Pinellas County, FL; U S Marshalls were involved.

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
Just confirmed. Released from the county jail and is now at Brooklyn MDC per BOP.

SunnyDaze

Kinda what I thought. Does anyone know the nature of the charge? About 7 years ago he was in trouble for fraud, selling online but not delivering the goods.

Old George finally got caught again.
This time I believe it has to do with something other than anything related to this hobby.
If you look on his licensed4fun.com website, some of the examples of his work will point you in the direction of what he is probably in trouble for. Search his name and the word "fraud" and you will get a clearer picture. A few consumer protection websites has his name spread all over the place.
My guess is that the New York State Attorney General's Office asked for him to be brought there.
His address reported in his Pinellas County arrest is not his last known address. It was across the Halifax River in what I think was a trailer park. He may have been in hiding.
His last Twitter post post said "SUNSET". Maybe he was telling us something. :)
I may give the County Clerk's a call a see if I can get more info.

Maybe this time we will have this con artist put out of commission for good.
He gives this hobby a very bad name.

CapStar362

i never knew he built milaircomms.com?

LOL their news feed even has his arrest and release as tweet feeds!!

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Is this guy a ham? If so, maybe someone should let the FCC know and set aside his license for renewal or start revocation hearings.

If they are going to yank some guy's ticket for a felony at 18 years ago that had nothing to do with RADIO:

http://forums.radioreference.com/am...on/301662-sex-offender-ham-loses-license.html

than someone who uses RADIO and has multiple convictions for fraud certainly IMO doesn't have the necessary qualifications to hold a license. I see on his site he has plenty of ham gear. If he is a ham, he should NOT be.

What a TURD with a capital T.

I HATE scammers.

He was a Ham. His license expired last April. He hasn't been active in 2 years, so he blessed that part of the hobby.
Unfortunately, the FCC will not consider revoking a license unless the licensee has done direct harm (physical or fraud) to another licensee. To my knowledge, George has not done that although he has come close.
The ARRL wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole, even though he has openly bad mouthed them on a couple of occasions.
I look at it in this logic...
If Martha Stewart can commit a felony and still do a show.... you can still be a Ham.

I hope this time he doesn't recover. I am still trying to find out what this arrest was about.
I may have to pay some bucks this time. The Volusia County Clerk's office is much easier to work with than Pinellas County.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
He was a Ham. His license expired last April. He hasn't been active in 2 years, so he blessed that part of the hobby.

He can still renew if his license hasn't been cancelled. What is his call sign?

Unfortunately, the FCC will not consider revoking a license unless the licensee has done direct harm (physical or fraud) to another licensee. To my knowledge, George has not done that although he has come close.

Not true at all. The FCC has in fact, set aside renewals for those with criminal histories totally unrelated to radio or communications at all. See the case I linked to above.

In that case, an ALJ actually ruled the ham (who is a registered sex offender) should be allowed to renew his license. The commission actually disagreed with the findings of the ALJ and found the ham in question's behavior to cause him to be unfit to hold a ham license and revoked his license.

Personally, I disagree with that decision because that ham was not using ham radio to contact victim(s), his offense was over 20 years ago, he has not been subsequently convicted of any crime, and unlike Mr. Fetter, has been an upstanding citizen as far as the courts are concerned since his initial offense in 1993.

If someone notifies the FCC of Mr. Fetter's ongoing and recent criminal convictions in internet fraud and theft, if the FCC does NOT redlight review his file, than the FCC is truly incompetent and full of chit.

George's call is KI4FIA.
Again, he hasn't been active in 2 years.
If you look at his recent pictures and videos, he doesn't show the left side of the room. I think he had to sell them off to survive. A year or so ago he was asking for donations of Ham equipment for schools. I think it was to replenish his lost supply. He removed the request later on. Someone got wise to that scam.

Again, if you go to licensed4fun.com , click on "Examples of My Work".
PJM is not his work!! He worked for them when he ran away from Pennsylvania.
But try the each one. Two of them don't exist anymore. That is what he is in trouble for. And he has used multiple company names and each had a twitter link. Search his name plus fraud. A group of consumer complaints will appear. The BBB has a file on him too and why the BBB are A-Holes of the year.

By the way... the FCC isn't incompetent, the ARRL is. They have no backbone.

His offense is very serious this time.
I still don't know the specific charges, but if convicted and plead out, the next time we here from him no one will know who he is or a bunch of us will be dead.
It is the State of Florida vs Mr GWF
I wonder if Ex-Cons collect Social Security. I know they can't collect welfare.
Probably fraud above $100,000. I thought he was small potatoes.
As I told someone else, it sadly shows how easy people can be fooled.
You would think he would learn something from his past 3 visits to the Volusia County Jail.
Federal Penitentiary ain't a 30 year vacation.
Better yet 30 in a Florida state one isn't fun either.

You can find complaints by his name at Merchant Circle.
Also the BBB complaints are under several other company names he had.
Four of them to my knowledge.
He hasn't done any business under his name, except for GF Financing believe it or not.
That should be a giveaway that something wasn't right.
I am amazed how people fall for scams.

So Long Fairwell

Yes.....
George is only 70% male. The remainder may be "other".

It appears the authorities have put him officially out of business.
His Milair and web design websites are not working today.
His fraud websites that had not yet expired are also not working.

I hope it is for good and we can put this behind us, find positives and work with good people for this hobby.

Attachments

• 1612871_1.jpg
    1612871_1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,466
Status
Not open for further replies.