2014 Equinox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Not alot of mounting options in a 2014 Chev Equinox. I went from a Ford 150 with a mobile Kenwood VHF 7160 and a BCD996XT to having near zero mounting options. (had to switch vehicles, wife hated the truck, it was costing me money and the baby seat didnt fit right) It was quite devastating actually. I came up with a simple solution to atleast monitor my provincial P25 Trunked system but I am still limited to a portable VHF radio for that stuff. The reception is about half as good as the mobile with external antenna was on the truck. I could program a VHF bank in the scanner but then I would miss a conversation on the other system which my OCD would not like lol. Anyways here is my simple set up.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 1,232
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,194
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 1,199

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I went from a F150 to a trailblazer. I've owned 4 F-series trucks in 3 years and have been issued 5 in less than a year. In the same amount of time I've had that trailblazer. Never will buy another Ford again.

It's a start for a new mobile setup.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Nice! Could you show us a clearer pic of the dash mount? I'm looking for something similar

Thats just the factory belt clip turned sideways. It keeps the scanner from rolling on the sloped dash. Works perfect and doesnt move an inch. The Coax cable hold it up right and the belt clip turned sideways keeps it from moving anywhere. No holes, no tape, nothing

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Thats just the factory belt clip turned sideways. It keeps the scanner from rolling on the sloped dash. Works perfect and doesnt move an inch. The Coax cable hold it up right and the belt clip turned sideways keeps it from moving anywhere. No holes, no tape, nothing

So essentially you're saying it's just "hanging" there? Or did I miss something?

Res21cue

Feed Provider
So essentially you're saying it's just "hanging" there? Or did I miss something?

Nope you didnt miss anything. It is essentially just hanging there. The unit is so light and so little coax is showing that its incredibly stable. The belt clip turned sideways with the power adapter plugged in on the other side which is just fed behind the vent keep it from sliding and the coax holding it in place upright, the unit doesnt move so much as a millimeter even on sharp turns.

Works great and leaves no identifying marks on the dash that glue or something else sticky would leave.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Nope you didnt miss anything. It is essentially just hanging there. The unit is so light and so little coax is showing that its incredibly stable. The belt clip turned sideways with the power adapter plugged in on the other side which is just fed behind the vent keep it from sliding and the coax holding it in place upright, the unit doesnt move so much as a millimeter even on sharp turns.

Works great and leaves no identifying marks on the dash that glue or something else sticky would leave.

Well that's cool. Makes for an easier install and an easy removal if you need to take it with you or whatever. Some will probably say it needs to be securely fastened in case you are in an accident, so it doesn't become a flying object, but only you know how well it's being held there and whether that's an issue or not.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
be prepared to replace that coax in 6 months. You can see already where its getting pinched, the flex guard covering is not going to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.