Dover, Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimatef

Hi - Trying to determine which frequency is for Dover Wisconsin. I know that the area is covered by the Racine County Sheriff. However, I am uncertain which frequency that it actually is.... very small town/township and is located in a large county; and is it analog or digital? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jimatef

Thanks for your help....

I'm a newbie at all of this. I was under the impression that it may be just a single frequency, when it fact that it could be over a few of them. Thanks for helping...

Jim

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This could be of some additional guidance. . .

If you'll look under the Tag column in the database associated with post #3 above, it may help clue you in as to how the channel is used.

Things with "Dispatch" are the primary channels - essentially where the dispatcher tells the responders to go along with the nature of the call. You'll also hear things like units calling in and out of service, status reports, traffic stops, etc.

There's a blurry line on "Talk" and "Tac" channels. Any communications relating to an event, call for service, detail, etc., that may be lengthy or otherwise tie up the dispatch channel will most likely be conducted on either a "Talk" or "Tac" channel.

This is by no means a hard and fast rule, rather some general idea of how channels are used.

sfd119

I'm a newbie at all of this. I was under the impression that it may be just a single frequency, when it fact that it could be over a few of them. Thanks for helping...

Jim

My guess is it's the main Sheriff Channel: 154.75500 186.2 PL

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
I live in Racine Co, so I'll help you out here.
The main sheriff frequency is 154.755
The backup frequency (Its called west-simulcast on the database, but on our radios they are called Sheriff 2. It is used when Channel 1 is tied up for a tactical event, or if they need "emergency air".). That frequency is 151.17500.

Racine Sheriff 3 is a different type of channel. You will be able to hear dispatch, but not the units unless you are nearby where they are at (Same goes for RAPD 7).

Dover is either area 16 or area 13 on the sheriff patrol areas. I believe its 16..but not sure (the other one is Town of Wind Lake/Norway/Tichigan/Waterford north).

Status
Not open for further replies.