King County Radio IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Anybody have a list of all the radio IDs (iXXXXX) utilised on the King County System? I am trying to find them all but it's hard to keep going in to enter them as I find them. Thanks!

Stavro35

The Scannerstuff:Northwest frequency directories have beat maps with radio i.d info. .If you can't find one. I'll gladly type up the information you want.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
The Scannerstuff:Northwest frequency directories have beat maps with radio i.d info. .If you can't find one. I'll gladly type up the information you want.[/Q

In case someone misunderstood I did not mean the talkgroup IDs. I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can't find it. My radio can still hold about 150 channels on the King County System so I might as well enter all the radio IDs I can.

im800mhz

The ID's start at 700001 and go through 765564. That covers all of the consoles as well as ID's for Pierce, Tacoma, WSP, SERS, Port of Seattle and Federal three letter agencies.

im800mhz

36290 is specific to that talkgroup at that dispatch position. If we move the dispatcher over to a different console for a repair or upgrade, the ID will change. The ID will also change based on the talkgroup used. 36290 may be primary, but it will not be the same on tac.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Well those are the IDs I'm after. Besides, the only console I've seen to be different is for different departments, and data. Even TAC uses the same one. I know because sometimes a Renton officers wants to check a name but data isn't available, so they use Tac as a Records channel.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
As I think im800mhz (get a load of the hubris in THAT name) tried to tell you, you're looking at tens of thousands of ID numbers, and they change A LOT. You can nail down one radio ID, only to have it change the next day, shift, or even hour. One of our fire engines, as an example, has 2 mobiles in the cab, 3 portables charging in the cab, and the officer will be carrying one as well. If you hear the officer transmitting as "Engine-xxxx" and lock that ID in as Engine-xxxx, what are you going to do when that same officer is in a command vehicle identifying himself as "Battalion-xx"? Or he ID's as Battalion-xx on one radio, then that portable dies and he switches to another? Or uses one of the mobiles?

And the traffic on Tac isn't checking WACIC/NCIC, they're looking for local (pertaining to THAT PD) info, i.e. FIRS or other info. Look at Tacoma and LARIAT.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
As I think im800mhz (get a load of the hubris in THAT name) tried to tell you, you're looking at tens of thousands of ID numbers, and they change A LOT. You can nail down one radio ID, only to have it change the next day, shift, or even hour. One of our fire engines, as an example, has 2 mobiles in the cab, 3 portables charging in the cab, and the officer will be carrying one as well. If you hear the officer transmitting as "Engine-xxxx" and lock that ID in as Engine-xxxx, what are you going to do when that same officer is in a command vehicle identifying himself as "Battalion-xx"? Or he ID's as Battalion-xx on one radio, then that portable dies and he switches to another? Or uses one of the mobiles?

And the traffic on Tac isn't checking WACIC/NCIC, they're looking for local (pertaining to THAT PD) info, i.e. FIRS or other info. Look at Tacoma and LARIAT.

So there is no point in trying to program them is what you're saying?

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
OK. I was always convinced that there were only so many radios so not a ton of radio IDs, but it looks like I stand corrected. It would be nice to know which unit is talking but I guess it's pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.