Not receiving Viper P25 in Pitt County

Status
Not open for further replies.

atetterton

Premium Subscriber
I have been receiving Viper P25 until recently. I am using BCD436HP & BCD536HP with Butel software.

I continue to receive Vidant Health System digital transmissions.

Does anyone have any idea of what is happening?

Greenville Pitt County

Control 853.3750
Alt 852.9875

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
I have been receiving Viper P25 until recently. I am using BCD436HP & BCD536HP with Butel software.

I continue to receive Vidant Health System digital transmissions.

Does anyone have any idea of what is happening?

Greenville Pitt County

Control 853.3750
Alt 852.9875
Wild a** guesing on my part, but here it goes.

You didn't say what talk groups you are listening to, but you did say that you are rcvng some VIDANT talk groups,so it appears that your scanner is working.

Could it be that NO units from the talk groups you want to hear are currently "affilated" on that VIPER site?
If nobody from a TG is affiliated on a site, you will not hear that TG's traffic.

Without more info, it is hard to say just what the problem is.

Also check to see if you inadvertently locked out some of the talk groups.

Last edited:

atetterton

Premium Subscriber
I had been receiving the following TG on both radio's and now I have no reception. I was also receiving NCSHP transmissions which are on the same control and that has stopped. I set the location, range, favorites and service types on. I have been scratching my head trying to figure it out with no luck so far.

37563 GREENVILLEFD Off Digital Multi-Dispatch
37500 PITTCCPD Off Digital Law Dispatch
37501 PCMHPDCID Off Digital Law TAC
37502 PCMHPD Off Digital Law Dispatch
37503 PCMHTACC Off Digital Law TAC
37504 PITCOSO3 Off Digital Law TAC
37505 PITTCOABC Off Digital Law Dispatch
37506 PITTCOEMS Off Digital EMS Dispatch
37507 PITTCOEM Off Digital Emergency Ops
37508 PITTCOFD Off Digital Fire Dispatch
37509 PITTCOM Off Digital Multi-Talk
37510 PITTCOMAID Off Digital Interop
37511 PITTSOADMN Off Digital Law TAC
37512 PITTSOCID Off Digital Law TAC
37514 PITTSO Off Digital Law Dispatch
37515 PITTSO2 Off Digital Law TAC
37516 PITTEVENT1 Off Digital Multi-TAC
37517 PITTMAID Off Digital Interop
37518 PITTPSTAC1 Off Digital Multi-Talk
37519 PITTPSTAC2 Off Digital Multi-Talk
37520 PITTPSTAC3 Off Digital Multi-Talk
37521 PITTPSTAC4 Off Digital Multi-Talk
37532 AYDENPD Off Digital Law Dispatch
37542 BETHELPD Off Digital Law Dispatch
37552 FARMVLEPD Off Digital Law Dispatch
37562 GREENVPDCOMM Off Digital Multi-Talk
37564 GREENVLEPD Off Digital Law Dispatch
37565 GREENVPDACNS Off Digital Law TAC
37566 GREENVPDADMI Off Digital Law TAC
37569 GRVLPDCID Off Digital Law TAC
37579 GRIFTONPD Off Digital Law Dispatch
37589 WINTRVLEPD Off Digital Law Dispatch
52594 ECU PD1 Off Digital Law Dispatch

The control is 853.3750 and the alternate is 852.9875

n4yek

Have you checked to make sure the listed control channels are actually still being used? They might be using some of the other Pitt county Viper freqs for control channels now:

reconrider8

Yea I know there's a new site up in that area in snow hill also but you still should be hearing traffic. When you say your hearing vident traffic is this on viper or is this on the vident system? Also is your scanner setup for P25 "stupid question but we have to narrow that down" also check your lockouts

Last edited:

atetterton

Premium Subscriber
Vidant Health has its own system. Control is 856.6375 and continue to receive okay. My scanner is set up for Viper P25 is:

Site Settings:

Modulation: AUTO
Mot Bandplan: Standard
Edacs Site Type: Wide(standard)
P25 Waiting: 400
P25 Thresh. Mode: Auto
P25 Thresh.Level: 8

Site Location:

Location Type: Circle
Latitude: 35.5834947
Longitude: -75.3830206
Range: 15

troymail

Silent Key
Do you have all of the Greenville site frequencies programmed or only the primary and alternate control frequencies? You might want to put them all in - just in case.

Also, FCC.gov is showing a 9th site frequency not currently listed on RR:

troymail

Silent Key
Here's another thought - it's a stretch.

Most of he talkgroup IDs you identified are the IDs on/of the Pitt County P25 system itself. I'm thinking it is possible that the Pitt system was connected to the VIPER system for a time and now it is not.

The RR listings for the Pitt County P25 Phase 2 system only show mostly only Fire talkgroups. Perhaps Pitt law enforcement and other users have fully transitioned to and are now live on the Pitt system? Also, assuming you listen to the Pitt system - is it possible that LE are now full time encrypted (on the Pitt system) which means you won't hear them? (Side note: some people ask/say "why do you want your radio to stop on encrypted talkgroups?" -- hopefully they are reading this! - as this is exactly why).

I'm basing some of this on my recent visit to Dare County and observations of the patterns in the talkgroups for specific County systems. The talkgroup IDs are clearly arrange such that the IDs are unique on County systems such that when they are connected to the VIPER system. they are the same talkgroup (IDs).

While in Dare, I would occasionally notice Dare County talkgroups (same ID) become active for a time on the VIPER system (Kitty Hawk site).

atetterton

Premium Subscriber
I added the control freqs of another county (about 10 miles from me) with the state talkgroups such as the highway patrol and I have no problem receiving them. This is one of the TG's that I stopped receiving with the control freq in question. I am beginning to think that work is being done on the Viper P25, Greenville Pitt County system currently and for some reason I can not receive transmissions.

I will wait it out and hope it comes back for me or someone with direct knowledge of that system gives me the correct data.

troymail

Silent Key
I added the control freqs of another county (about 10 miles from me) with the state talkgroups such as the highway patrol and I have no problem receiving them. This is one of the TG's that I stopped receiving with the control freq in question. I am beginning to think that work is being done on the Viper P25, Greenville Pitt County system currently and for some reason I can not receive transmissions.

I will wait it out and hope it comes back for me or someone with direct knowledge of that system gives me the correct data.

Have you tried adding the 9th frequency I provided?

Also - can you hear anything (specifically of the missing Pitt TGs) on the Pitt County P25 system?

I love a challenge -- just a little too far to drive right now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.