HD SDR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone!

Just getting around to trying the above mentioned version of SDR. I got it to work well with AM aircraft since that's mainly what I use the RTL-SDR dongle for. However, I cant seem to get it to give me any kind of intelligible sound on the narrow-band fm frequencies. The only button marked fm is not doing a thing! Any suggestions guys?

Manny

SCPD

QRT
Please make a video of exactly what is going on so we can help you. FM demodulation is HDSDR is a daily success story for me on all 3 of my rtl-sdr dongles.If we can see we know what to do. One thing I can make clear is use a good high gain antenna not the small antenna that came with it. If you have to R820T2 version I have no idea I haven't ordered mine yet.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
It's The original..

I understand the R820T2 is not worth getting as there is not much difference from the original. Either way, I got the FM to work. I can't remember exactly what it was that did it but It's working fine now! I use the included antenna magnet base, but changed the little flimsy thing it came with, to an adjustable rod antenna from an old Pro-2006 scanner. It screws on perfectly and I can adjust it to any frequency band from low band, up to 800 mhz.! No gain needed here as I am near a window in a house that is about 475 feet above sea level.

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.