Gananoque Police Going Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfdfortynine

Gananoque Police are now testing digital radios. Don't have any more info other than the portable I glanced at was a Motorola smaller in size than our xts2500s. There was no other identifiers on it. The fire radio system was down during the install at dispatch so maybe its P25 like the fire dept.
I've tried to search for frequencies but nothing new come up for Gananoque. I don't put a lot of faith in the search anyway Gananoque Fire is not listed there either. Probably doesn't matter anyway because it will likely be encrypted. The old analogue radios were.

VE3RADIO

Gananoque Police are now testing digital radios. Don't have any more info other than the portable I glanced at was a Motorola smaller in size than our xts2500s. There was no other identifiers on it. The fire radio system was down during the install at dispatch so maybe its P25 like the fire dept.
I've tried to search for frequencies but nothing new come up for Gananoque. I don't put a lot of faith in the search anyway Gananoque Fire is not listed there either. Probably doesn't matter anyway because it will likely be encrypted. The old analogue radios were.

Maybe its TRBO.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Motorola's P25 radios are getting larger in size than the XTS2500, not smaller, so odds are stratospheric that it's TRBO. Here's a representative image - did they look like any of these?

U6lFhJx.jpg

DaveH

Have you heard any changes on the existing frequency(ies)? As far as encryption, probably, but you never know.

Dave

gfdfortynine

Motorola's P25 radios are getting larger in size than the XTS2500, not smaller, so odds are stratospheric that it's TRBO. Here's a representative image - did they look like any of these?

U6lFhJx.jpg

Might have been one of the first 3. Was definitely smaller radio than we have. On duty this weekend will try to see what's in the cruisers.

I haven't been listening to current frequency it enc. but good point maybe they using it.

DaveH

Yup. There using the same frequency. I punched it into the home patrol and got lots of digital noise.

If I recall you have a tapped scanner so why not try DSD+ software. Chances are if it's
DMR (aka TRBO) it uses privacy (enc) but at least you could confirm it is DMR (or not).

Dave

gfdfortynine

If I recall you have a tapped scanner so why not try DSD+ software. Chances are if it's
DMR (aka TRBO) it uses privacy (enc) but at least you could confirm it is DMR (or not).

Dave

Yes I have a spare tapped scanner. I've never used this DSD software. Will look into it when I get a chance.

gfdfortynine

Its DMR. The one transmission I received so far was garbled. Still reading up on DSD+, so I don't know what all the stuff on the screen means other than it says DMR. :)

gfdfortynine

Got lots of traffic this aft but all the audio was garbled. Wasnt sure if signal was good enough for dsd+ so I plugged in a p25 frequency. Audio was good on that so I'm guessing it's encrypted. It does show the source radio IDs etc which line up to the car numbers, so at the very least I knew who was talking.
This DSD+ softwares pretty neat stuff.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
If you make a raw recording using the 'R' button we can help you determine what you are seeing...

Status
Not open for further replies.