• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS Programming Issue With CDM1250

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcharger95x

I am currently having an issue where i get the following on-screen error:
"Couldn't open port. Check weather device/RIB are powered on or not, and the device to RIB, and RIB to PC connection is ok."
Where i did in fact have the 1250 on, i was trying multiple com ports (1,2) which I'm using a ToughBook (XP) where this CPS has no problems, even after re-installing, still no luck.
I've tried to use the USB connector to the front-end of the Mobile and as well as the Ribless connector.
If someone could help me out what to do on this issue, thanks in advance!

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I am currently having an issue where i get the following on-screen error:
"Couldn't open port. Check weather device/RIB are powered on or not, and the device to RIB, and RIB to PC connection is ok."
Where i did in fact have the 1250 on, i was trying multiple com ports (1,2) which I'm using a ToughBook (XP) where this CPS has no problems, even after re-installing, still no luck.
I've tried to use the USB connector to the front-end of the Mobile and as well as the Ribless connector.
If someone could help me out what to do on this issue, thanks in advance!
  1. Turn the radio on.
  2. Boot up computer if not already running.
  3. Plug in USB cable to computer & make sure it beeps or loads driver.
  4. Fire up the CPS.
  5. Plug cable into mic connector.
  6. File --> Read Device.
  7. Set comm port.
  8. It should read the radio.

I've posted this before. Several people who think they know better did this their way instead of what I just posted. It didn't work. You be the judge.

xcharger95x

I've done what you mentioned before. I just did a cdm programming last week and it worked out fine and tried all possible options with the ports cables etc

xcharger95x

Also, if being part of a domain network if administration rights had to do with com port issues. Could that be a reason? Not logged in as admin?

CommJunkie

Oh yeah, you need to make sure you've got the Prolific driver installed for your USB cable or serial-USB adapter.

You need an old version of Prolific for this to work with a ribless cable. Anything too new and it won't work. The driver I use is from 2013 (v3.4)

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
I have a USB to CDM cable that is flaky. I tried it today on the laptop in the shop and it failed. I plugged in a USB cable for the CP200 radios and it worked fine. In both cases, the computer properly saw the USBs but comm with the radio failed on the CDM. In my case, I am thinking that the cable is bad. I brought it home to try with my laptopk and I will take my known good cable to the shop to see if that works.

I also have a flaky serial cable that performs pretty much the same way. With these inexpensive USB cables and adapters, it's always a bit of a crap shoot.

I can't speak to the domain network aspect, but it's always a good idea to be logged in as administrator.

fortner102

Motorola CDM1250

Does anyone know where I can purchase the programming software for the Motorola CDM1250 series? I have looked for it online but cant seem to find it anywhere.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know where I can purchase the programming software for the Motorola CDM1250 series? I have looked for it online but cant seem to find it anywhere.
You can only purchase it from Motorola. To do this you must have a Motorola On Line (MOL) account and sign their software agreement. A little googling with get you lots of info on this. Forums like the batboard and here on RR have plenty of threads on this topic.

Here is the link to apply for a MOL account:

https://businessonline.motorolasolutions.com/Member/admin/newmoluser/newtomol.asp

The software is called Professional Series CPS and the part number is HVN9025. The current price is $265.00.

You might also want to read the announcements and sticky at the top of this sub forum for additional information and guidance:

The RadioReference.com Forums - Announcements in Forum : Commercial, Professional Radio and Licence Free Radio

http://forums.radioreference.com/motorola-forum/74748-you-looking-free-programming-software.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Search tags: The Professional or Waris Series of radios includes:

HT750 HT1250 HT1550 EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650 PR860 CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550 HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

It may be helpful to search using wildcards.
If someone asks a question about one model,
the answer usually pertains to most, if not all.
They are all programmed with HVN9025 CPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.