speaker not very loud 536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emoney250

Love the scanner. Has many issues as seen on "bug" rports. My old scanner (PRO-197) has a speaker that will blow your socks off. The 536 volume stops at level 29. Any way to get it to go higher?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
That's very odd. Mine at 10-12 is extremely loud. I can't envision even trying to max out the volume.

stingray327

Love the scanner. Has many issues as seen on "bug" rports. My old scanner (PRO-197) has a speaker that will blow your socks off. The 536 volume stops at level 29. Any way to get it to go higher?

I don't have a 536 yet? but I find that on all the scanners I have used when I plug in those computer speakers (2) on one plug and they have their own batteries power supply it really amplified the sound super loud.
I don't know if they still make these kinds of speakers now as I started using them 10 or so more years ago.

AC2OY

Emoney I too had a pro-197 and the audio or the speaker was better than the 536. I need to try that one idea about a mini me speaker for the 536 to see if it sounds better.

Voyager

That's very odd. Mine at 10-12 is extremely loud. I can't envision even trying to max out the volume.

Same here. And if you use an external speaker I can make it go loud enough you don't even want to be IN the car. :D

kb8rvp

Make sure you have the AGC turned on and you can also change the volume level per talk group or channel plus or minus in the sentinel programming software so you could try setting it to a plus 2 or 3 for each one. If none of that helps try an external speaker like others have said that is what I do in my car.

Mike

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
That is strange, especially with an external speaker, my 536HP at a volume of 10 will wake up my wife from a sound sleep. Without the external speaker, the audio is still plenty loud.
Steve AA6IO

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Could be due to listening to FM narrowband signals with the scanner set to FM normal bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.