Henderson city/county getting new radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakota91

Just saw this on WFIE 14's web site. Henderson is upgrading their 911 center, including new "state-of-the-art" radios for their police and fire vehicles and antennas throughout the city and county. It said they're getting two quotes. Given how many other Kentucky counties have moved to NexEdge equipment I suspect Henderson will soon move to the same system. It won't be long before monitoring will be a dead hobby throughout Kentucky.

Plans in the works to upgrade the Henderson 911 Center - 14NEWS, the Tri-State's News & Weather Leader

RonnieUSA

Just saw this on WFIE 14's web site. Henderson is upgrading their 911 center, including new "state-of-the-art" radios for their police and fire vehicles and antennas throughout the city and county. It said they're getting two quotes. Given how many other Kentucky counties have moved to NexEdge equipment I suspect Henderson will soon move to the same system. It won't be long before monitoring will be a dead hobby throughout Kentucky.

Plans in the works to upgrade the Henderson 911 Center - 14NEWS, the Tri-State's News & Weather Leader

I have to disagree, NXDN is easy to listen to, and sounds very good.
Besides where does it say anything about NXDN?

ky_fire_man

Premium Subscriber
The last I heard on this was it would be a P25 system. It was in the news a while back but if I remember right I think I may have even read something about the new public safety frequencies, I think they are meaning the 700 MHZ band but not sure on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.