philly tv scanner frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio5650

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi. Now that you guys helped me figure out wpvi tv's IFB scanner frequency, can you guys give me some OTHER active philly tv scanner frequencies? A lot of them listed on this site are dead. Also can anyone give me the Kyw cbs 3 IFB scanner frequency? The frequencies for kyw tv that are provided on this site are also not active.

KB7MIB

Search the same bands that were listed in your other thread by myself and others.
Again, they may be using cell phones, microwave relays and/or satellite feeds.

phillydjdan

Ugh, this guy again? Can a mod please close this thread, as it is a duplicate?

Sir, they use cellphones and apps to get tips. End of story. Stick to listening to/interfering with Walmart...

Sent using Android ForumReader app

Radio5650

Banned
The only reason why I am asking about the kyw tv IFB is that I really want to find out the frequency. Wtxf the fox owned station in philadelphia is in a shared services agreement with kyw tv to use their helicopter. Since kyw tv does not have their own helicopter, could that be a reason why litterally all of the kyw tv frequencies are dead? Any other ideas as to what the kyw ifb frequency is would be greatly appreciated.

Starion1

The only reason why I am asking about the kyw tv IFB is that I really want to find out the frequency. Wtxf the fox owned station in philadelphia is in a shared services agreement with kyw tv to use their helicopter. Since kyw tv does not have their own helicopter, could that be a reason why litterally all of the kyw tv frequencies are dead? Any other ideas as to what the kyw ifb frequency is would be greatly appreciated.

I think it's the other way around. KYW-TV 3 (CBS) DOES own their helicopter (graphics confirmed) and it is shared with WTXF-TV 29 (Fox). Radio equipment is programmed in the helicopters for both companies. As stated by the previous posters, the use of the radio for comms has been greatly reduced over the years. The listing below for KYW and WTXF has not been updated for several years, It may serve as a starting point. You can always search the news media band 450-451 MHz and 455-456 MHz during local TV broadcast times to see if an IFB frequencies pops up. Big events such as parades, election coverage and special events will place such services into over-drive. It may kick up some surprise frequencies.

KYW 3 Philadelphia UHF Frequency Plan

450.5500 R (455.5500) 01 Assignment Repeater/Chopper 3 107.2
450.5500 (simplex) 02 Assignment Simplex 107.2
450.1875 (simplex) 03 Trenton Bureau Simplex 107.2
450.1875 (simplex) 04 Liberty Simplex 107.2
450.1875 (simplex) 05 Woodstown NJ Simplex 107.2
450.1875 (simplex) 06 Atlantic City NJ Simplex 107.2
455.1875 (simplex) 07 IFB Philadelphia CS
455.4375 (450.1875) 08 IFB Atlantic City, NJ

FOX Philadelphia UHF Frequency Plan

450.2875 R (455.2875) 01 Assignment Repeater 151.4
450.2875 (simplex) 02 Assignment Simplex 151.4
450.3875 (simplex) 03 News Bureau Simplex 151.4
450.5875 (simplex) 04 Channel 4 Simplex 16

Keep in mind that you'll need to be in close proximity to monitor such IFB communications.
There are exceptions of course especially those conducting IFB comms over repeaters.

Radio5650

Banned
Since I am relatively new to scanners, how exactly do I search for a specific band? People on here have been saying if I want to try to pick up IFB frequencies, I need to search the tv media band on my scanner. Specifically, what buttons do I hit to do that? Thank you everyone for your help.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I thought Fox 29 had SkyFox?

At one point, all the local stations had their own choppers. Money got tight and some started sharing resources to cut costs. A few years ago, 3, 10, and 29 all shared a bird. Then, NBC 10 went out and got its own leaving CBS and Fox sharing a bird. You can hear the coordination chatter on CBS 3's channels during broadcasts when production is talking to the helo. You will hear them discussing shots for 3 and shots for 29.

Found the link to a story:
http://articles.philly.com/2013-03-09/business/37564104_1_chopper-anzio-williams-6abc

Last edited:

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

Radio5650

Banned
So guys, how exactly do I search for the news media band on the scanner? If I know how to do that, I may be able to hear kyw's ifb frequency.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
The news media band is between 450.0000 and 450.9875 MHz and between 455.0000 and 455.9875 MHz.
use your scanner's search feature to search these 2 ranges.

Starion1 also posted the last known KYW TV3 frequencies. Program those in your scanner.

Refer to the scanner's manual to scan through search ranges. It varies by scanner.

Again please note that these frequencies are mostly used as backup to cell phone and other smartphone apps. Also many are simplex meaning you need to be close to the scene hear anything.
But you can hear good stuff from time to time.

And check out the Philly Guide now on Starion1's site:

Scanner Digest Newsletter

There are frequencies for TV and radio stations under the News Media section.

Radio5650

Banned
Thanks. But even though the previous poster gave me a link to the Kyw tv frequencies in the scanner digest newsletter, I looked and I can not find the frequencies. Where specifically are they located? I need the exact link please.

phillydjdan

Listen. Let's see if I can finally get through to you. KYW does NOT transmit IFB over the radio. You can search for months and you won't hear it. They don't use it, period. STOP TRYING!

Mods, can we PLEASE close this thread now???

Radio5650

Banned
tv ifb frequencies

Does anyone know of any tv ifb scanner frequencies in the nj _/ philly area? 455.2375 is wpvi's ifb out of trenton nj, that they use every once in a blue moon. It's gone silent for now, hopefully it will be back on when they need to use it again. anyone know of any other nj _/ philly tv ifb frequencies that are used often?

Voyager

Might want to read the ECPA as amended in 1994.
(hint: Monitoring IFBs is illegal now)

JoeyC

He might want to try reading all his prior threads on the same subject since everything has already been laid out for him time and time again.

Radio5650

Banned
Since when is monitoring ifbs illegal? and why? never heard of that before. anyway, does anyone know of any good ifb's from tv stations around nj and philly? anyone that has heard ifb audio, please post, if you could, on what frequency you heard it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.