Lock out sub channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

flippz

Premium Subscriber
I have read back 36 pages and read in the manual and am unable to find out how to lock out a sub channel on uniden 396t. My friend has no program cable and I am use to the radioshack scanners.
We are wanting to delete the non sense channel or lock them out permanently and no matter what I do the channels come right back. We are on the warrs system for coweta county ga, it p25. All he wants is fire police and state police.
Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am on hour 5 with this thing.

Scott Ross

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
When the scanner stops on the undesired channel, press L/O button twice in rapid sucession. That permanently locks out the channel.

There are two lock-out conditions with the 396XT. One is temporary and that appears to be what is going on with your scanner. For that, the L/O button is pressed once. When the scanner is turned off, the temporary lockouts are cleared and the channel(s) re-appear.

The permanent lock-out happens when you press L/O twice. Then the channel(s) stay locked out, even if the scanner is turned off.

You can restore a permanently locked out channel by going through the keypad, finding the channel and chaning its lock-out status.

flippz

Premium Subscriber
super big thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why could the owners manual not said that in plain English? I am sure it is in there but in a 154 page manual it was rather hard to find. I just learned how to set the clock on my vcr, best sleep I have had in about 20 years!

thanks again.

Scott Ross

flippz

Premium Subscriber
not sure, its a friend of mines. it says trunk tracking iv under the keypad. no other numbers other than the serial but no other indication on the body.
is there a big difference in them? I have a pro 106 radio shack scanner, but an liking the uniden a lot more the more I play with it. maybe new Christmas ideas!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
XT light silver front, T darker silver front.
XT 25,000 channels, T 9,000 channels.
XT "hole punch" speaker grille, T "slot" speaker grille.

Pictures of both at Uniden Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

There are enough differences that it often matters when asking how something works to know which one you have.

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
If you have the original Uniden BCD396T manual ...
Check the bottom of Page 45.

super big thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why could the owners manual not said that in plain English? I am sure it is in there but in a 154 page manual it was rather hard to find. I just learned how to set the clock on my vcr, best sleep I have had in about 20 years!

thanks again.

Scott Ross

flippz

Premium Subscriber
evidently by your signature you are a expert at uniden products, and the info was great until the last line (unneeded imho). I looked at both pictures previous to posting but was unable to pick the slight hints of slots or holes and the and the three shade lighter gray. I attempt to exhaust every resource before coming to forum for info as I like to read and gain the knowledge.

flippz

Premium Subscriber
thanks amp and Heidi for the info. It worked great and have already given it back to him and hes very happy with it as well as me.

seems to be a great radio and I think I maybe looking into that as an option to replace the old pro-106 that I have

again thanks for the quick and helpful info on the radio

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Also another way to tell a T from an XT is by programming a trunked system. The T model won't have the ability to add sites where the XT does.

PS. Upman is the Uniden Product Manager. If he don't know "it", it ain't knowable.

flippz

Premium Subscriber
good to know if we ever have to program it again, more than likely he will be happy with the way It is . there was just so much other chatter like road dept, prison camp, and the city works talking he could not here the leo and fd dispatch, me and him both are tow svc owners and like to monitor the scanner so we know when we are up close for a rotation call. helps with where traffic is as well on a Friday night

thanks again yall have been great

Status
Not open for further replies.