Love my 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasabil

Premium Subscriber
In the 70's my dad worked at the Midland TX fire department.he had a Realistic Patrolman 7B then the 90's I bought the Uniden Bear-cat BC700A.Well December 20/13 I went to our local hospital cause I was a smoker. Was no more. they checked my oxygen it was 79 didn't take them long to get me in and work on me...I had double pneumonia after being in a regular room Monday morning the 23rd they rush me to ICU as I stopped breathing they put me on a ventilator.and induced coma.I then caught A.R.D.S they got rid of that and took me off the vent January 13th/14 I stopped breathing again and they re vented me...and had to have my heart shocked back into rhythm then a few days later i started swelling I had a pneumothorax..my blood pressure would be 230/160 then 60/40...I got out of ICU 40 days later and went to rehab therapy I could not even hold a cup and get a drink or move my legs...I now suffer from some depression and PTSD...They called in the family 4 times and said I probably wouldn't make it...OK I have not messed with my old bear-cat due to our local pd going digital. While my stay in the hospital I had some good and bad dreams.I also lost my left eye. I'm looking at face book while in my room resting at therapy and seen a scanner add about the 536 I told my wife look and she said what..I said I want this.Well when i got home 30 days later I come in the house and this package was setting on the table well I be darn it was the 536 so 3 days laater I hook it up and got her going I had to do some research and thanks for this site and upmans videos and post here I just want to say love the scanner and cant wait for the app to be ready...I rather the app to be ready then rushed and have problems....Hope every one has a safe thanksgiving and be safe!!!

texasabil

Premium Subscriber
Yes she is a keeper I even listen to my scanner while sleeping..she enjoys knowing the things thats going around!!!!

bama9999

I really like my 536 also. As was mentioned, welcome back to scanning, and I hope your health continues to improve. I am also a smoker, but have been working on quitting. Before I was at two packs a day, now I'm down to less than one and still working on quitting completely. It's hard to do, but it helps when I remind myself how many more things like scanners, etc... that I could buy with the extra money from not smoking!

Take care.

Voyager

I like my 536 as well. Only thing is the 700mHz system sounds bassy or muddy bit I don't think that's the scanners fault.

If you are used to conventional frequencies (that strip the audio below 300 Hz), a trunked system will sound 'bassy'. But, it's the trunked system that has audio that is more accurate. IOW, it's not the 700 that is bassy - it's the conventional frequencies that are 'tinny', and you got used to that tinny audio.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I won't lie. I was extremely frustrated in the beginning, considering I was using Windows on my MAC through Parallels. I switched to a real Windows machine I had laying around, and it's been good ever since. I also switched to VMWare fusion, and now can use my Macs to program. Very happy with the 536 in the car, and my 436 is scanning happily here in Cape Cod.

Voyager

I won't lie. I was extremely frustrated in the beginning, considering I was using Windows on my MAC through Parallels. I switched to a real Windows machine I had laying around, and it's been good ever since. I also switched to VMWare fusion, and now can use my Macs to program. Very happy with the 536 in the car, and my 436 is scanning happily here in Cape Cod.

I can understand how using a MAC would be frustrating. :D

I have some old Beta tapes as well as HD-DVDs laying around. :p

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Fuzy just get a nice set of computer speakers with bass and treble controls already,it will help!

Any specific recommendations for such a speaker that also has a headphone jack. I have an external speaker that really makes the audio on the 536HP much better, but there is no headphone jack. When I use my headphones with 536HP in evening or early morning, if wife is sleeping, I use the headphones. The 536HP is still too muddy and bassy for me with headphones Would like to improve that.
I love the 536HP, but I like audio better on my 996XT and all GRE/RS/Whistler scanners. Any recommendations appreciated.

Steve AA6IO

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Any specific recommendations for such a speaker that also has a headphone jack.

The 536HP is still too muddy and bassy for me with headphones Would like to improve that.

Patching through an external speaker will have zero effect on EQ. A speaker with a headphone jack simply switches off the speaker when headphones are plugged in, turning the speaker into a headphone extension cable. Get a small mixer with EQ controls on each input, and adjust the mixer EQ controls to taste. If you adjust them correctly, the audio will sound good on speaker or headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.