Southport - VIPER Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRHKY94

Hello All:

Just relocated to Southport and I'm hoping to get some guidance on the VIPER system. I have the 4 Brunswick County system frequencies set up (Bolivia, Southport, Peal Landing, Supply) and all of the Brunswick Talk Groups as well. I'm assuming Southport & PD & FD are on VIPER now, but don't see their Talk Group identifiers in the RR database. Same for Oak Island. Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks All!

Mike

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
Brunswick Co

I believe the Police Depts in the county operate on the County Law Enforcement North, East and South talkgroups. Try to listening to one of them and see if the addresses match up to locations in Southport or Oak Island.

NYRHKY94

Thanks Steve. I'm receiving County dispatch and will try and match up Southport & Oak Island as suggested. If anybody already has captured the TG's and would share, that would be much appreciated. I'm looking forward to be part of the NC scanning community!

Thanks - Mike

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Steve. I'm receiving County dispatch and will try and match up Southport & Oak Island as suggested. If anybody already has captured the TG's and would share, that would be much appreciated. I'm looking forward to be part of the NC scanning community!

Thanks - Mike

Hey Mike,
The listed VIPER talkgroups for Brunswick County in the database are what is known at this time. It should be pretty much complete. Do let us know if you hear anything new in the TGID range of 5500-5999.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

SENCland

Premium Subscriber
Hello Mike,
Southport PD is on BRUNSLENORTH (5511). You will hear them designated with 100 Ids. Southport FD is on BRUNSWICKFD (5515) using the 300 Ids. Pretty much every town PD north of 211 is on BRUNSLENORTH, Everything south of 211 will be on BRUNSLESOUTH, (one exception is Oak Island, they are on BRUNSLENORTH).

Hope this helps.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.