Who is the station on broadcastify in Wichita?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSPILOT536

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to the link and the person has a Uniden 436 hooked up to an apple laptop,also has an antenna mounted on home roof,my question is,what kind of antenna do you have on the roof and where are you located because its sounds very good and gets way more police calls then I'm getting.

kma371

QRT
Click on the Contact Broadcaster link and you can send them a direct message.

titothefixer

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to the link and the person has a Uniden 436 hooked up to an apple laptop,also has an antenna mounted on home roof,my question is,what kind of antenna do you have on the roof and where are you located because its sounds very good and gets way more police calls then I'm getting.

Sorry I took so long to reply to you. You should have a message but I'll post it here too. I have a simple discone antenna on my roof.

KSPILOT536

Premium Subscriber
I put a discone antenna in the attic and surprisingly its WORSE than the 6 meter dipole I had the scanner connected to.
I have tried everything possible trying to get reception here in Park City and come to the conclusion that my $350 996xt is not going to work.
I was going to put the antenna outside but I'm not even getting 1 call from WPD with this setup and doubt moving outside is going to be much better.
I wanted to make these observations known so others in this area do not go and waste hundreds of dollars on a scanner that will not receive.
On a footnote,Kansas Highway Patrol comes in quite well though.

KSPILOT536

Premium Subscriber
I went down to RS in Derby and talked to Mark and he recommended a 800mhz rubber duck which I bought and installed it and got many calls on the way home,WPD,EMS,all good and as soon as I hit 53rd north,the scanner turned off like a faucet!
So,to sum it up,do not buy a scanner and expect it to work in the Park City,Kechi area..I have spent a lot of money and time and nothing works here.

joeuser

The Wretched
Have to agree, you are less then 10 miles from the "heart" of Wichita... You should have no problems picking signals up. I find it surprising that a Discone placed outside did not improve your signal reception. I guess it could be the coax or you placed it outside in a metal box?

Status
Not open for further replies.