TG 6320 (EOC4) on RCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyC

I've recently started to monitor some of the non law/fire talkgroups on the RCS and have noticed that what is listed as EOC4 has some sort of operation going on that has been going on for several days if not weeks.
I hear a lot of chatter about floors in a building and elevators and a lot of other non distinct traffic.

Does anyone know who is operating on this TG? and is it their regular channel assignment?

W6KRU

It's Del Mar Fairgrounds. I'm used to hearing them on the IC1-7 channels. I'm not sure why they are using EOC channels. When Don comes by he'll probably know. I only turned on the EOCs when I saw your post.

Last edited:

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it is the Del Mar Fairgrounds and the additional horse racing meet. We moved the patch over to EOC 4 due to a lot of requests for use of the ICS talkgroups this month.

seh911

Feed Provider
I've recently started to monitor some of the non law/fire talkgroups on the RCS and have noticed that what is listed as EOC4 has some sort of operation going on that has been going on for several days if not weeks.
I hear a lot of chatter about floors in a building and elevators and a lot of other non distinct traffic.

Does anyone know who is operating on this TG? and is it their regular channel assignment?
If you listen to this TG and the Northcomm TGs you will quickly learn that you should NEVER step into an elevator at the fairgrounds.

JoeyC

If you listen to this TG and the Northcomm TGs you will quickly learn that you should NEVER step into an elevator at the fairgrounds.

You can say that again! It seems like 75% of what I was hearing that week involved elevators. That being the case, I was having a hard time convincing myself this was the fairgrounds. I guess I haven't been to the fairgrounds in ages, but I couldn't think of where any elevator existed there. But what do I know...:lol:

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The elevators are in the grandstands, which is where the majority of the public is during the race meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.