My Humble Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb8srx

Premium Subscriber
Its taken me 21 years to acquire what little I do have, and I have been extremely lucky to this point, Rigs include Yaesu FT-900 for HF, Yaesu FT-847 for HF/VHF/UHF Satellite Ops, Icom IC-7000 which goes in the truck as soon as I get it in. Motorola MCS2000 VHF, Motorola XTS2500 VHF, Baofeng VHF/UHF, GRE PSR-500 for Scanning.

Amplifier is a Ameritron AL-80B

Antennas are a G5RVjr for HF and a jetstream vertical for VHF/UHF, I have a 6M7 for 6 meters, but I need to acquire a self-supporting tower first.

nothing final here, as the only that never changes is the fact that everything changes, just what I have at this time.
forgive the bad quality pic, first time I have ever played with the Panoramic shooting on my phone.

Attachments

• Station 3-1.jpg
    Station 3-1.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 1,727
Last edited:

kb8srx

Premium Subscriber
It seems this shack thing is always a work in progress. I like your selection of rigs!

I have always been a Yaesu fan, and I would really like to upgrade the 900 to a 950 or a 1000MP but finances wont allow that, and it works for now......if Yaesu would not have dropped the ball on HF Mobile I wouldnt have had to get the Icom 7000, but Im happy with that one too.

kb8srx

Premium Subscriber
LOL, apparently, when you resize a pic from my 13megapixel samsung Note 3 it turns out like this......I need a real Camera

kb8srx

Premium Subscriber
The FT 900 is my primary HF rig, the FT 847 I got at dayton 2014 primarily for VHF/UHF and satellite ops, but for 6 meters also, and as a HF backup, the Icom IC7000 is for the truck with my Hi-Q 4-160 antenna when I get the truck put together

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Looks pretty darn good to me! Looks like you can monitor the WHOLE spectrum with what you have there!

Mike

kb8srx

Premium Subscriber
Looks pretty darn good to me! Looks like you can monitor the WHOLE spectrum with what you have there!

Mike

Id love to monitor the whole spectrum......but I need a self supporting tower and an a discone antenna for all of that to happen.....but as I said, a work in progress, itll happen sooner or later.

PACNWDude

Nice setup. Might be able to heat the room with the amp. Very nice.

Motivates me to clean up my mess/lab/shack.

Status
Not open for further replies.