Scanning Pro-197 P-25 help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpfd26

Hey guys,

Just recently updated my scanner to a Pro-197, and used ARC500 to setup my scanner with freq's and talkgroups in the area. I put Linn County's talkgroup in and when I'm at my fire station, I can hear the county dispatch out a call over a channel, but nothing came over my scanner. Another issue I get is some frequencies I pick up sound scambled up, almost encrypted, but its not. I know my way around conventional scanners, but the digital is a different beast for me but I'm getting it slowly. Any help would be appreciated!!

Sisilija

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,

Just recently updated my scanner to a Pro-197, and used ARC500 to setup my scanner with freq's and talkgroups in the area. I put Linn County's talkgroup in and when I'm at my fire station, I can hear the county dispatch out a call over a channel, but nothing came over my scanner. Another issue I get is some frequencies I pick up sound scambled up, almost encrypted, but its not. I know my way around conventional scanners, but the digital is a different beast for me but I'm getting it slowly. Any help would be appreciated!!

Had a similar problem with my 396. Adjusted the squelch and haven't had a problem since.

IowaGuy1603

Hey guys,

The Linn County P25 system is a bear to monitor. The squelch thing helps some people------------but the main thing for most listeners is location.

Multipath distortion is what you are hearing and/or you are too close to a tower and it is overpowering your receiver.

Go into the GRE scanner section of the website and root around-----------you will probably find some interesting stuff

cpfd26

The Linn County P25 system is a bear to monitor. The squelch thing helps some people------------but the main thing for most listeners is location.

Multipath distortion is what you are hearing and/or you are too close to a tower and it is overpowering your receiver.

Go into the GRE scanner section of the website and root around-----------you will probably find some interesting stuff

Ever have a problem monitoring Linn Sheriff F3 or any of the F channels? Saw a Unit calling in to dispatch and came in garbled up and crappy. Any ideas?

timkilbride

Database Admin
Ever have a problem monitoring Linn Sheriff F3 or any of the F channels? Saw a Unit calling in to dispatch and came in garbled up and crappy. Any ideas?

Sheriff F3,F4, and F5 are all encrypted. F1,F2, and F6 are in the clear.

Tim

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
Radio shack. In my area, our fire, EMS have went to SLERS. It's encrypted and no scanner can receive it. the Sherriff's office and the local police are analog so I can hear them. With the tower very close, I use a mini mobile 2 meter/440 magnet mount as an antenna. It's set in the radio room window and does very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.