Gold Cross Duluth

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd119

I noticed the DB changed to "Paging", are they on ARMER/WISCOM only now, no more analog traffic?

10-7Goodnight

Yes, they still page on 155.280 but otherwise they're on ARMER. TG 39200 in Duluth and TG 16026 on WISCOM. I find the Gold Cross channel a little cluttered. They talk a lot about ''staging'' there rigs. Gold Cross 302 will be sitting here...etc. I lock out Gold Cross and listen to Duluth Fire. You can still hear the medical dispatch on that channel.

sfd119

Yes, they still page on 155.280 but otherwise they're on ARMER. TG 39200 in Duluth and TG 16026 on WISCOM. I find the Gold Cross channel a little cluttered. They talk a lot about ''staging'' there rigs. Gold Cross 302 will be sitting here...etc. I lock out Gold Cross and listen to Duluth Fire. You can still hear the medical dispatch on that channel.

...that's the whole purpose of their channel though. Coordination of their units.

Page happy i guess...

Anyway, they do page on the channel, but it is also their "dispatch" channel. Not sure if you changed this or not, but it isn't just for paging.

box23

There is paging on the channel in a way. Saint Louis County does actually transmit a two-tone page, but I know of no pagers set to alert on it. Similar to the way they transmit two-tone on the Duluth Fire talkgroup, but still use DTMF over VHF for station alerting. The two-tones are just use to alert that a call is being broadcast.

Their main operations are on ARMER, with a permanent patch to VHF and an inter-system link to WISCOM. The VHF system is still fully operational and is used by some units when out of ARMER range or without access to an ARMER radio. Similarly some bordering services in Wisconsin use the channel to communicate with the ambulances or dispatch when needed.

sfd119

Ok so where does Gold Cross get paged then ???

The 911 Centers in both Douglas County (WI) and St. Louis County (MN) will send out alert tones on the Gold Cross channel for a medical emergency along with the Duluth Fire or Superior Fire's channel etc. Gold Cross dispatch will ack the page and advise on the same channel what units are to go where. It's not just a page only channel, there is quite a bit of traffic on it from Gold Cross' dispatch to units and back about on scene, en route, posting, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.