San Marcos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linn

Can anyone tell me where to find San Marcos PD/FD? I'm in town for a couple of days and did not hear a peep from them on the LCRA San Marcos site yesterday. Unitrunker only showed activity for Hays CO SO (which appeared to be a patch since the unit ID's were all the same), Hays CO Fire and a few hits from Comal CO SO yesterday. Is there another LCRA site I need to listen to? Have they moved to the P25 site?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me where to find San Marcos PD/FD? I'm in town for a couple of days and did not hear a peep from them on the LCRA San Marcos site yesterday. Unitrunker only showed activity for Hays CO SO (which appeared to be a patch since the unit ID's were all the same), Hays CO Fire and a few hits from Comal CO SO yesterday. Is there another LCRA site I need to listen to? Have they moved to the P25 site?

Since I've not monitored them in quite some time, I really don't know. I would imagine there are talk groups on the LCRA P25 system that have yet to be identified. But, knowing the diligency of several listeners in the area, I would imagrine they might know the status of this LE agency. Here is the P25 site that shows, as you stated, a patch. Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) P25 Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I have heard some patches to the LCRA P25 system a month or so back..San Marcos PD Dispatch, Hays County SO Primary and one of the County fire channels but that has been it on the sites in my area. The Selma area. There was talk of them moving to 900mhz OpenSky system but haven't heard anything about which system they have switched to. Any updates from that area would be great.

KE7JHC

I just got back from San Marcos last Thursday. I did not hear San Marcos P.D. once while there (I was there for a week). I ran Unitrunker on the LCRA Edacs site as well as the LCRA P25 site and never once saw San Marcos P.D. on either. As a matter of fact, there was little to no traffic on the P25 site other than some EMS.

Would be interesting to know what is going on down there.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I had heard that Kyle PD was getting radios with OpenSky capabilities earlier this year but most all of the new Harris Radios can do multiple modes. Everything I have been seeing is that the County as well as San Marcos went to the 900mhz OpenSky. Which is the opposite of what an LCRA guy told me last year was that all public safety was going to the P25 system and LCRA Ops were going to the OpenSky. And with New Braunfels PD having most of their channels encrypted now that area is pretty dead for Law enforcement monitoring wise. minus Comal SO

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Everything I have been seeing is that the County as well as San Marcos went to the 900mhz OpenSky.

^ This. Though LCRA contended for awhile that they weren't going to put public safety on the OpenSky system, everything indicates that SMPD went this way. Wish I was close enough to help y'all out still but I moved in May. I'll be back next week and for a few weeks in December so I'll see if I can help out by reaching out to some old friends.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
In fact, check out page 5 of this document which shows that SMHCEMS went to OpenSky (or planned to have their radios programmed for it anyway). SMHCEMS is dispatched by SMPD, so there you have it.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Also, from The University Star, an article which quotes the EM Coordinator and pretty much ensures that all the agencies in San Marcos, Texas State included, will be on the OpenSky system.

Status
Not open for further replies.