Streaming software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnes13

I know of some software that record scanner audio; but is there any software that does the same as brodcastify website? I would like to hook my scanner to my computer then access the audio over the internet or over an app. If any software like that is around please let me know. Thanks.

rbm

I use ScannerCast to feed up to 14 scanners. It works great.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/ScannerCast_Setup_Instructions
and Broadcastify specific instructions here:
RR Live Audio Broadcasting Software - The RadioReference Wiki

To listen (on my Android), I mostly use 'XiiLive' and 'A Online Radio'. There are lots of others.
Scanner Radio is used for my 'official' Broadcastify feed.

On my home computers, I use LOTS of sessions of WinAMP.

You can stream any audio you want. Not just your scanner.

Rich

And:

Last edited:

DC31

Feed Provider
I know of some software that record scanner audio; but is there any software that does the same as brodcastify website? I would like to hook my scanner to my computer then access the audio over the internet or over an app. If any software like that is around please let me know. Thanks.

You can do what you are thinking rather easily with a Raspberry Pi. Install darkice on the pi to stream the audio, install an icecast server on the pi to serve up the audio, then connect to it from another computer on your network. Forward a port on your internet router to the icecast port on the pi and you can listen to your feed from anywhere over the internet.

See the thread on Scanner Feed using a Raspberry Pi in the Live Audio Feed Administration forum topic.

I have also put together some instructions on how to download my image and work with it. If you are interested and get a pi, let me know and I will send you the link to the image.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9sLdBjMInCVdUJ3dEpBSTd0Skk/edit?usp=docslist_api

Barnes13

So I have to be a authorized feed provider through RR to listen to my own feed on my phone? And I'm not technically inclined enough to use a raspberry pi; thanks for the idea though. Also I have an iPhone which I do not believe supports those apps.

DC31

Feed Provider
No you don't need to be connected with RR at all. Those instructions only included the details regarding connecting up to RR if you wanted to. I have an iPhone 4s and can easily listen to the icecast server on the pi. Doing it over the internet rather then just on the local network involves forwarding a port on your router. that is likely the most challenging part but with some guidance isn't that hard. There are plenty of people out there who will help you set things up if want to take on the challenge.

Barnes13

Ok so about scanner cast, I have it set up and it says streaming( I am not linked to RR) so where is it streaming to and how do I listen?

DC31

Feed Provider
Ok so about scanner cast, I have it set up and it says streaming( I am not linked to RR) so where is it streaming to and how do I listen?

Study this page:

ScannerCast Configuration and Usage Guide

Set your scannercast up for "audio feed only" until you get it up and running. Skip the computer/scanner serial connection, just make the audio out to line in connection with the audio cable.

Then about halfway down that page there is a section entitled Listening Directly...

Like he says it is actually a lot harder to describe how to do it than it is to actually do it.

mibzzer15

I currently use Proscan software to stream my 996xt from my computer (on 24/7). I can also access it remotely to control the scanner if needed.

ProScan

Status
Not open for further replies.