Culver City - Anything Changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDaze

Any system changes recently?

I was in Culver City on Friday (11/14) and Monday (11/17) after being away for a week, and my PSR-600 wasn't picking up any traffic. I had my 396XT along on Monday, and was able to hear traffic, but still none on the 600. No changes had been made to either scanner's programming.

482.3625 and .5625 were the CCs I've been using.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Just gave them a try. Heard police dispatch and public works loud and clear.

At some point Culver City site will be upgraded to the P25 system, but for now it seems to work fine on the SmartZone system.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I don't know why, but have never been able to get Culver City CCs here in Cerritos. Glendale and Montebello are the strongest. Once in a while can get Burbank. But not Culver City.
Steve AA6IO

RadioDaze

I'll try again this coming Monday when I'm back up there. I'll try to remember to bring my PSR-500 with me. The 600 is hooked to a low-band rubber duck on a window clip mount, since CHP is my primary interest on the road. That being said, it was picking up Culver City traffic just fine ever since I programmed it, as long as I was within, or close to, the city limits.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I don't know why, but have never been able to get Culver City CCs here in Cerritos. Glendale and Montebello are the strongest. Once in a while can get Burbank. But not Culver City.
Steve AA6IO

Probably because the Culver City cell was never designed to cover that far south.

Status
Not open for further replies.