BCD536HP Unstable Audio Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7CAS

Anyone else having this performance/usability problem?

Scanning a database, the audio level jacks around. I don't mean between different systems or talk groups. I mean completely randomly, across the board. No rhyme, no reason.

Of course, I've checked simultaneously this with another scanner I have, the trusty BCD396T, and the 396 is not doing (no ever has done) that. So it's not a system problem; it's the scanner.

With the 536, I'll get a drumming, pulsating sound with transmissions inaudible... again randomly on talk groups. I'll turn the volume up... only to have the audio seriously blasting the next time the 536 scans that talk group.

I turn the volume back down. Next time the 536 finds the talk group, no matter the system, the volume is some mouse whisper accompanied by the drumming, pulsating stuff.

For the money, this is an entirely unworkable situation for me. The scanner is still under warranty and I'm thinking of just giving up rather than endure this un-Unidenlike and unacceptable behavior. Uniden has always been top-of-the-line to me, since 1978.

Am I missing something? Any ideas?

N7CAS

Thanks, Mike. I don't know if I am using AGC or not. I wasn't very good at comprehending that rat's nest of a manual. How do I ascertain whether I'm using AGC or not?

kb8rvp

I was going to suggest the same thing. Go in and check if the AGC if on or off for each system you have programmed. If it's on turn it off if it's off try turning it on for all of the systems. You also have a per channel/per talk group volume adjustment setting as well.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.