New Unitrunker Version will not work ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Tried new Unitrunker version .. and it will not work. I was wanting to upgrade as I have noticed that at times .. Unitrunker will STALL .. and the affiliations will not display. The transmissions are fine.

It is saying .. invalid install. No working folder.

My data folder has never moved.

It is at ... "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\UniTrunker"

The Uniform.exe file is at .. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Unitrunker\Uniform.exe"

Anyone with any ideas .. ?

I did run the install with NO changes .. just the defaults and created a new shortcut to the program.

I have uninstalled it .. and reinstalled it, same issues. I know in the old days .. it used to prompt you for your data folder if I remember correctly .. how do I get it to do that ?

Well ... progress, kinda. I just over wrote my Unitrunker folder with my backup. I backup my drive every morning. So I am back to the old version .. and it works fine. I am not sure if I will have the stalling affiliations problem again.

I know this .. as I have Etrunker running at the same time on a different computer and it is receiving the affiliations just fine.

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
Right click your Unitrunker desktop icon and select Properties
Choose Compatibility
check the "Run this program as an administrator" box
Close popup
Run Unitrunker

chris

SCPD

QRT
For those reading above .. I can run the OLD version of Unitrunker just fine with no compatibility mode. But the new one .. no.

Rick .. just something for you to be aware of.

That is with just overwriting the Application folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Unitrunker" contents .. my data folder remains the same.

SCPD

QRT
I have gone back to the old version .. it seems to work much better for me.

I only monitor Edacs til we get our P25 system (currently under construction) ... so there are no differences that I can tell.

SCPD

QRT
edmscan - I have no idea what's going with your upgrade. There's a bug in the installer for first-time users (discussed in a separate thread) but that shouldn't affect you.

My data folder has never moved.

It is at ... "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progra m Files (x86)\UniTrunker"

That looks strange - mostly because "Program Files" appears in the path. The default is something like ...

C:\Users\edmscan\AppData\Roaming\Unitrunker\

I have no idea how your current configuration came to be or how to manage it.

SCPD

QRT
edmscan - I have no idea what's going with your upgrade. There's a bug in the installer for first-time users (discussed in a separate thread) but that shouldn't affect you.

That looks strange - mostly because "Program Files" appears in the path. The default is something like ...

C:\Users\edmscan\AppData\Roaming\Unitrunker\

I have no idea how your current configuration came to be or how to manage it.

It is really not a big deal .. I am running ver 1.0.28.4 and I monitor only Edacs .. so it is fine. Not going to like P25 for another 1.5 years probably. The biggest issue with the new version .. is that it wanted to put the data in my Program Folder .. and not my current data folder. That was not what I really wanted.

Oh ... and the "Program Files" thing is a Windows problem .. and only happens in AppData. At one time .. I had like 100 folders deep of the same directory. I read up on it .. and did not really understand the reason why. But something that MS did. That is all I know. So .. that is not a Unitrunker problem .. and when I looked into it, other people had also had the same problem.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
If and when you upgrade, you'll have to hand-edit your shortcut to point to the correct data folder.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Ghost - where are the folders as specified in the shortcut you use to run the program?

The shortcut is from "C:\Program Files (x86)\UniTrunker\Uniform.exe"

Also have some type of files in users app data roaming unitrunker but shortcut is from the program files dir where Unitrunker is installed.

Should point out mine starts fine but just doesn't work. No decode or anything. Doesn't follow trunked systems or nothing.

1.0.28.4 works great. 1.0.29.5 doesn't. Finally had to completely delete any and all references to Unitrunker in my computer and do a fresh install of 1.0.28,4 and it still works great.

As a note I did the fresh install of 1.0.29.5 and it still didn't work so did the whole thing over to get back to 1.0.28.4

SCPD

QRT
Ghost - where is the *other* folder in your shortcut?

Shortcuts have two folders - one for the EXE and another for the working folder.

Where is your working folder?

Ghost said:
Should point out mine starts fine but just doesn't work. No decode or anything. Doesn't follow trunked systems or nothing.
Let's get your working folder problem figured out. Then we can move on to getting the signal and voice receivers up and running.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I would say it would be the Program files one. That is where it is installed, where it has a shortcut from and where it runs from. I'm not sure actually what the "App data" one is or is for. I don't know anything about two folders.

Doing a search of the entire computer gets you two locations. One is the program files one and the other is the app data one which is empty.

Attached is a screen shot of the primary folder and app folder. The app data one seems to be empty. I'll show both folders though.

That's about all I can say. Maybe you can figure it out from the shots.

Attachments

• Both Folders SC.jpg
    Both Folders SC.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 175

SCPD

QRT
Yep ... the program is using your Program Files folder for data. That's not good (but at least you know where your data is out).

The %APPDATA% folder was created by one of the installations - probably the one that you backed out. Since it never saw any use - there's no data.

By what means do you launch the program? Is it from a shortcut on the desktop? From the start menu? In other words, do you use the mouse and if so, on what do you click?

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I just don't know what changed from 28 to 29 that stopped it working.
I don't know either and I haven't been able to find any good clues from our conversation.

Just to be clear - there is a problem with your shortcut. It fails to specify a working folder. I leave that to you address - or leave as-is.

Are you familiar with the changes that appeared in release 29? You can review the changes here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/tr...-decoding/297898-unitrunker-release-29-a.html

If so, did you adjust your configuration accordingly? Here are two improvements in particular.

Release 29 said:
Improved IQ stack reduces the amount of gain needed to push a signal through the demodulator.
FM demodulator output scaled to sample rate and signal bandwidth. Full deflection without clipping.

If you're using an RTL stick, you probably need to reduce the gain. If you pipe audio to another program like DSD(+) you may need to adjust the volume of that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.