Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPerk

So It hasn't been a full two weeks , I'm very satisfied with my bcd436hp . But wanted know if any one could tell me how to pick up a phase II p25 or how to reconize it in the scan options . I've been scanning Caroline frequencies in FCC license under Caroline page but wasn't sure if I was doing wrong thing. Or would it just pick up automatically and show something on screen instead of P25 for phase I

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
They have not fully switched over yet from what I have read.

You will see in the bottom right had corner of the scanner while a transmission is going showing if they are on a P25 system or not. If nothing is showing on the Caroline channels as P25 then they are not running in P25 mode as of yet.

Easy way to tell if you are receiving the P25 channels is to program the Virginia State Police in and see what you get.

http://forums.radioreference.com/vi...53-caroline-co-s-new-700-mhz-trs-license.html

CPerk

So its no setting i need to turn on or anything and what will it say at bottom when i find the freqs, I see P25 for VSP and hanover... but wondering any setting need turn on for Phase II

Herodog

I heard. A rumor today. That all carline police channels. Will. Be encrypted
and only fire, schools ect will not be encrypted just. A rumor we have weight. And see

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
So its no setting i need to turn on or anything and what will it say at bottom when i find the freqs, I see P25 for VSP and hanover... but wondering any setting need turn on for Phase II

Nope you will see the P25 show up. It decodes automatically on both phase 1 and 2. If they do in fact encrypt then that sucks. I was hoping to gain a new department to listen to.

CPerk

Nope you will see the P25 show up. It decodes automatically on both phase 1 and 2. If they do in fact encrypt then that sucks. I was hoping to gain a new department to listen to.

Same here I agree, I was hoping to listen to listen to something new for once when i work midnight shifts at my job, Hanover and VSP get boring at times LOL but any luck of control channel for Caroline, I was in Doswell /Caroline area today and no luck finding anything in the 796-799mhz band... and still trying find king william if they using the 799 mhz... no luck yet

Status
Not open for further replies.