HP-1: LCN Finder question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have a question. I am doing a LCN Finder and I notice 2 freqs are the same LCN and shows 2 colors. I have no idea what Red and Orange stand for. I have looked online and found no info on this.

Last edited:

Voyager

I have a question. I am doing a LCN Finder and I notice 2 freqs are the same LCN and shows 2 colors. I have no idea what Red and Orange stand for. I have looked online and found no info on this.

I don't recall, but it appears those are not confirmed LCNs yet. It might be that they are from co-channel systems, or perhaps one color means a user with that home channel was heard there while another means that is implied to be their home channel.

Regardless, I'm sure if you let it run longer, it will show definitive results. So far, only LCN 6 is showing as 'known'

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I don't recall, but it appears those are not confirmed LCNs yet. It might be that they are from co-channel systems, or perhaps one color means a user with that home channel was heard there while another means that is implied to be their home channel.

Regardless, I'm sure if you let it run longer, it will show definitive results. So far, only LCN 6 is showing as 'known'

Thanks for the reply,

I figure the white would be the correct color. I did run it over night when I woke up the signal was gone and it took out the info so I restart it and ran it since 930am. I'll keep running it see what happens.

Voyager

Thanks for the reply,

I figure the white would be the correct color. I did run it over night when I woke up the signal was gone and it took out the info so I restart it and ran it since 930am. I'll keep running it see what happens.

Your pic shows a very lightly used system if that was running for any length of time. It may take quite a while for the finder to work.

I did confirm that the colors other than white really don't mean much. You may also see green and yellow. They mean something but it's not clear what. Likely number of transmissions or data found but not confirmed.

Regardless, all you really need to know about is the white. That means confirmed (within the certainty possible - still a slight chance of error).

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Your pic shows a very lightly used system if that was running for any length of time. It may take quite a while for the finder to work.

I did confirm that the colors other than white really don't mean much. You may also see green and yellow. They mean something but it's not clear what. Likely number of transmissions or data found but not confirmed.

Regardless, all you really need to know about is the white. That means confirmed (within the certainty possible - still a slight chance of error).

I'm trying to figure this system out > Statewide Law Enforcement Radio System Trunking System, Statewide, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

I did all kinds of tests withe the extreme upgrade and forgot which one I used I saw 2 talk groups pop up

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Before I went to bed the Control Channel changed and I saw a few blocks when the CC changed I got this when I woke up

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I used a different site suppose to be closer to me and I let it run while I was sleeping. I woke up saw 5 boxes show up and 3 were red 1 yellow 1 orange than all those boxes turn green. 2 mints later the colored boxes were gone and a white box popped up.

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Before I left for work 3rd box was about correct itself than it lost signal and it wipe all the boxes out ithan it restart itself when I get home I'll check see what popped up

Status
Not open for further replies.