question about APCO Project 25 Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipperhhead

Hello i am fairly new to scanning but have had a uniden home patrol for about a year I live in ontario canada and like listening to the local OPP police , Fire depts and ambulance i now see there is a new uniden home patrol 2 with the capabilities of monitoring this new APCO Project 25 Phase 2 ... my question is as i dont do any programing or anything or know alot about the technologies behind scanning (thats why i have the home patrol it does it itself lol ) will i be able to continue to listen to the OPP police with my current home patrol in the near future or will i have to upgrade to the new scanner with the APCO Project 25 Phase 2 ?
Thanks for any info ...
Wes .....
Ontario,Canada

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
about the only answer I can give is "maybe". I just did a quick check of the system you mention over in the database. There's no mention of any changes in the works on there, but that doesn't mean the owners of the systems aren't planning a change. Just means we don't know about it if they are.

I'm going to suggest you continue using your home patrol-1 and wait & see on the hp-2. Oh, and keep an eye on this site. You'll most likely hear about it on here before it impacts your listening. Also, check out the subforums below, you should be able to find more region specific information in there.

Welcome to RR.

Jeff.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
OPP

You may want to pose the same query on the Ontario Forum (if you haven't already). I have popped in there every once in awhile, and I know they post that some of the first responder systems across the river from me are non-standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.