What going on in chicargo ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachelDodd

Hey guys

Just turned on the app to listen to Chicargo police department and noticed there are like 1210 people listening to it I was wondering whether anything had happened during the early hours of the morning over they as its usally only ever about 400 people listening just seems like a lot of people maybe it's just because it's the weekend over there?

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings...

Being Chicago, there is always *something* going on. I don't know of anything specific (Other than a freezing rain event). I can tell you that on nearly an everyday basis the CPD feed usually reaches a 1,000 listeners at some point during the overnight hours.

Tim

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
As soon as Ferguson , MO erupts there going to act up here also so you may see 5000!!!!!

RachelDodd

Hey thanks for you replies and I find it so interesting listening it's amazing what actually goes on somtimes it does make me giggle and am not surprised to see it reach that high just thought something was going off haha cause am still trying to figure out what all the codes mean and abbreviations

And what do you mean Ferguson mo erupts ?

Sorry am English and don't really know do that many people have scanners out there in America ? Over here we can't listen in x

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
What's going on in Chicago?

Earlier there was a Limo "Party Bus" that caught fire on I294 maybe that peaked the interest of people? There are usually more listeners on weekends. I'm lucky enough to hear the Digital Chicago FIRE calls out in the suburbs here without going to Broadcastify. **He means when the verdict for the Officer in Ferguson MO is decided in the shooting case down there. There will be trouble unfortunately. The Protest Industry and anarchists are camped in down in Missouri waiting to destroy, burn, loot and maybe kill if they don't like the verdict. Listeners will probably be cut off that feed, I remember the person did it before when this all started so rioters couldn't coordinate off the information and use it against police. Liverpool eh? I knew one woman on line for a spell down in Hastings, she vanished into "Second Life" and we never heard from her again. Ha. We can listen to Emergency/Police/Fire but because of all the Terrorism they Encrypted most the police in major cities. I'm happy just to hear the Fire/Ambulance calls cause for a bit we didn't even have that here. It's our right to know what's going on around us. Scanner information saved my butt several times in my life.

Last edited by a moderator:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
You're better off opening a Twitter account and following Breaking News there. Quite a few of us "tweet" Chicago events, and the media follows and can confirm prior to broadcasting.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
The day after the Boston Marathon. during the hunt for the second suspect, there was over 110,000 listeners to the Boston PD feed! I don't know if there has been a larger number for any feed since. Chicago, I believe has the title of "Leader of the Pack" when it comes to numbers.

RachelDodd

Aww thanks for the informations guys much apreciated

With the help of the Internet and this forums my slowly getting there and yeah I think it's pretty cool you guys are legally able to listen in I wish it was the same over her really do I find myself listening to the app at night over here or in the morning getting ready for work some interesting stuff

Wow 110,000 listeners crazy !! Well think am going to keep a listen for sure yeah it was a light festival or something yesterday that was pretty funny to hear

I follow a few Chicargo alert accounts on Twitter and have abc chicargo news on my phone it's just a shame I donr live there to be able to think where it is but hey it's s but of time killing

And I bet they have saved you butt a few times so handy !!

Rachel btw nice to talk to you guys

Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.